Virtual Postfix+Courier (SpamAssassin/Amavis related)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by DeeJay, Dec 29, 2006.

1. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Can I make Avamis/SpamAssassin remove or move the ***SPAM*** messages ? I dont want them, and I dont care if I should loose a mail here and then because of it :) - So far the past months I have NEVER gotten any mails that was not spam marked with ***SPAM***

2. jwholdsworth

jwholdsworth New Member

Changing Spam levels in Amavisd

If you just want to remove the ***SPAM*** message, open /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf and find the line that starts with $sa_spam_subject_tag, and just edit the text after it in the quotes.

If you want to stop Amavis from doing anything with your spam, you can just change the level of spam by editing the line $sa_tag2_level_deflt. Personally, I have found 2.3 to be a good level to block spam, but let friendly messages through. If you raise that to say, 10, you will get most messages through. Only messages that are almost definitely spam will be blocked above that level. Similarly, you may need to raise the evasive actions line, if you wish to raise the spam triggered line above.

Hope this helps. Happy new year.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I want to remove the whole email.

4. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I just dont need to get the emails with "***SPAM***" - Cant amavis just delete them?

5. jwholdsworth

jwholdsworth New Member

Deleting ***SPAM*** messages

Yes you can remove them. You need to get amavis to perform evasive actions on all spam emails. What you need to do is to decide what spam level is the limit, and set both $sa_tag2_level_deflt and $sa_kill_level_deflt variables in amavisd.conf to the same value, e.g.

$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 2.3; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
    $sa_kill_level_deflt = 2.3; # triggers spam evasive actions

Admittedly 2.3 is fairly low - you may want it around 4, but that's up to you.

What will happen here is that the first variable will mark the incoming junk mail as spam, and add the ***SPAM*** header. The second variable will also notice that the junk mail is above the 'Kill All' level and will delete the email for you.

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Oki, I will try that.

7. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Trying this in my config file

Code:
    $sa_tag_level_deflt  = 2.5; # add spam info headers if at, or above that level
    $sa_tag2_level_deflt = 3.0; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
    $sa_kill_level_deflt = 3.5; # Delete Spam