Adding extra drives in Ebox

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by gdog05, Jan 14, 2007.

1. gdog05

gdog05 New Member

Hey guys,

I didn't realize there was a how-to for Ebox here until I'd heard about it elsewhere and ran into problems. I don't know much about mounting drives, and I know even less about ebox. I have a small 5 gig hd for my install, etc., and I have a 20 gig hd split up into an 8 gig and a 12 gig partition. I set the mount point for these as /media (8 gig) and /media2 (12 gig). I'm not sure how to set up a share that points to one of these partitions in Ebox. I'm using it as a video server for my Xbox. Thanks for any help.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Hm, I'm not shure, but maybe you can create a symlink from an existing share to one of your other partitions?

3. gdog05

gdog05 New Member

yeah, I was thinking a workaround through a user share might be possible, but after some further looking, I think FreeNAS will serve my purposes better due to its Software RAID and easy disc mounting. Ebox is way cool, I just think it's probably the wrong software for this case. I'm asking too much of it. Thanks for the reply, though. I always appreciate how much you guys help me out.

Cheers.