Connect to localhost.localdomain.com[an.external.ip]: Connection refused

Discussion in 'General' started by Aming, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Aming

Aming New Member

Hello:

All the mail accounts are reciving emails from the mail sistem with this error, anyways the accounts are reciving and sending mails correctly:

<[email protected]>: delivery temporarily suspended:
    connect to localhost.localdomain.com[AN.EXT.IP]: Connection refused

As far as I know those are internal emails generateed by Ispconfig with stadistical pourposes. I have been searching on the forums for that problem, and have been following the posible solutions with no results.

I have found 2 post with exactly the same problem:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9626

And I added the domain to the hosts file, but it not solve nothing.

Then, this one, He solved it reinstalling all Ispconfig rig that´s one thing I don´t want to do, should be another solution:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9712

This is my hosts file:
    On the Maillog there is something strange that maybe should have something to do with that:

Any Ideas?

Thank you.
    Albert

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  2. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

At least remove
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain.com
    from you /etc/hosts. The .com part is in error.

3. Aming

Aming New Member

You are right, I added It when I was facing the problem just because I didn´t know what else do, anyways the problem is still there without this.

Thank you martinfst
    Albert

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please post your /etc/postfix/main.cf here (please strip out the comments).
    Do you use ISPConfig?

5. Aming

Aming New Member

Thank you for you attention falko.

Yes I use IspConfig, Isnn´t it the right forum for cuestions about it?

This is my Postfix configuration file:

/etc/postfix/local-host-names
    Thanks
    Albert

6. falko

Where do these entries come from?

Code:
    virtual_mailbox_domains = mydomain.com
    virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail/vhosts
    virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox
    virtual_minimum_uid = 100
    virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
    virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
    Did you try a "virtual users with Postfix and MySQL" setup? This is incompatible with ISPConfig.

7. Aming

Aming New Member

Hi falko:

No, I didn`t try that nor I didn´t add any line manually. This file is as it was when IspConfig finished to install. The only thing is that I tried to install Ispconfig some many times before with any results. Is it possible that those config lines were from an Postfix installation that was before the installation. I did get the server clean but I can´t remember if there was it before. The service was not running that for shure.

Does IspConfig make a clean-up when it gets installed?

Anyways notice that everything else is working flawessly, no problems with the email sending and reception. Is enought to comment those lines to have a try?

Those all have any sense to you?

Thank you.
    Albert

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  8. falko

No.

Yes, comment them out.

I know these lines from these tutorials: http://www.howtoforge.com/fedora_virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier
    http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier

But these setups are not compatible with ISPConfig.

9. Aming

Aming New Member

Hi falko:

You are right, those lines seems to be from one of that tutorial, anyways I never touched them to build that server. But is evidently they were there so , asi I said before, someone else touched the server befor me.

Please don´t think I mixed up some tutorial's configurations without knowing what I´m doing and consecuently It is a problem related with that mix.

I have removed those lines but the mails keep coming like before...

If you have some idea or need some information don´t brother to ask me, I´m lost at this point.

Thank you.
    Albert

10. martinfst

I would suggest to grab the how-to you want your server to be setup accordingly and check every step of that howto and verify every result of every step is as it should be.

As there is a mixup on your system, it's very hard to determine in these forums why it doesn't work. Guess this is some homework for you.....

11. Aming

Aming New Member

Hi everyone:

I've solved the problem, I just added:

/etc/postfix/local-host-names
    So right now postfix recognise that mail adress as a local one, so it is going to the correct recipient.

What I don´t undestand is why IspConfig is sending emails to localhost.localdomain.com when it just added localhost.localdomain to the postfix localhostnames files.

Anyways, all is ok now.

Thank you all!!
    Albert

12. martinfst

localhost.localdomain.com is not something setup by ISPConfig. You must have added this youself.

ISPConfig uses localhost.localdomain. So no .com extension. Please review your installation steps, as you may have missed a step or made a typo.

13. 3cwired_com

3cwired_com New Member

I too was having this very same problem, I will try the posted fix, and see if it resolves my issue, I am unsure though as to how I may have gotten the .com extension added though (besides user error).

14. 3cwired_com

3cwired_com New Member

I had thought that I was supposed to add this into the hosts file, but didn't realize, and I was still receiving the messages, I just updated this in my postfix file, and will see what happens.