Drupal and ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by tomd, Jan 29, 2007.

1. tomd

tomd New Member

I used the "Drupal on ISPConfig" howto to install Drupal into a site. I then create the administrator account (which then sends a password to me via email). Now whenever I try to login, Drupal takes the login an shows me a page - but the next link I click gives me an Access Denied response.

On the Drupal site I see many people are having this problem, but there appears the dozens of possible answers. This leads me to believe there are dozens of possible causes.

This setup worked fine when I had an earlier ISPConfig setup of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, Apache2, MySQL4, PHP4. Now I am on Debian 3.1, Apache2, MySQL5, PHP5. In both cases I was using the Drupal 4.7.3 and the Drupal Howto.

I am continuing to search the Drupal site for clues, but hope someone here may have seen this problem.

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

Can you post a screenshot or explain more detailed who is telling you access denied?
    Drupal itself that e.g. the auth. cookie or whatever gets invalid after the request?
    Or does it come from the apache? In this case you should take a look at the access.log of the apache to see which file the client tried to access that is denied.

3. tomd

tomd New Member

It is most definitely Drupal that is denying access. It works like this:

1) Arrive at Drupal Site url, then login as administrator
    2) Drupal responds with a page the shows your user name at the top of the left column
    3) Clicking on any link causes Drupal to respond with the "Access denied" page and the left column becomes a login form.

I do not see anything in the Apache logs, the Watchdog table of Drupal database shows the login event and the access denied event.

I am still poking around looking........

4. tomd

tomd New Member

Solved my problem

This at solved my problem (although I think there are many reasons for login problems with Drupal).

Using MySQL5 I ran this statement in phpMyAdmin

sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Then deleted the entire installation (including the tables of the database) and re-installed using the steps in the Drupal Howto with 4.7.6 (instead of 4.7.3)

It worked great.

I understand you can also add this to the my.cnf file:
    sql-mode='MYSQL40'

but I am not sure how that works.

I found this solution in this thread at drupal.org http://drupal.org/node/42927

5. ego

ego New Member

Could anyone explain exactly how this statement would be entered into phpmyadmin? I just installed drupal using the how-to and I am also having this problem. I read the info linked but I can not find the my.ini file to edit as explained on the drupal forum.

Thanks

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you want to try the my.cnf solution: The file is named my.cnf and not my.ini on linux and should be located in either /etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf. You will have to edit the file on the shell or with a scp client like winscp.

7. mlz

mlz Member

If I remember correctly, you must log into phpmyadmin with the MySQL super user just run the given SQL in the server's SQL tab.