SpamAssassin

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by raye, Feb 16, 2007.

1. raye

raye Guest

Hello and good day. I am trying to install the Spam AV gateway on my Fedora Core 5 Linux machine. I am using the how to as per the website http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_spam_filter_mail_gateway but I am having a problem with the actual spamassassin install using the command line "perl -MCPAN -e 'install Mail::SpamAssassin". I simply get a > prompt after issuing the command. Am I missing something?

Also, I was reading the user posts at the bottom of the website and someone mentioned MailScanner and Postfix not being completely compatible. How true is this? Are there versions that are more compatible with one another? If so, which ones? I could simply install those compatible versions and not working about upgrading since we just need the spam av features and nothing more. Thanks!

Ray

2. raye

raye Guest

solved

Figured it out there is a ' missing at the end of the command.

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Mail::SpamAssassin' <==== Might wanna fix that on the website.

Now the problem I am having is this: I chose the default configuration for the install but it gave me a bunch of error's. I am behind a proxy so I think it had problems connecting to the CPAN sites to acquire the necessary info. What can I do? I tried deleting the directory and re installing spamassassin but it will not allow me to do a manual config as before. Help!

Ray

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you have Webmin installed you can use that to install Perl modules (such as SpamAssassin). Maybe it works better than the Perl shell in your situation.

4. raye

raye Guest

webadmin

We have a proxy setup and I can't use the port that the webadmin needs. I also can do yum updates for the same reason. Is there a way to configure either for open http ports?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'm not sure how to use webmin/yum with a proxy... :(