How can I get PHP to work after ISPConfig Install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alvadore, Nov 8, 2005.

1. alvadore

alvadore New Member

I installed ISPConfig finally (after about ten attempts), and it seemed to work great. However, when I relocated an existing site to the web directory I found that PHP would not work, (despite enabling PHP for the site) neither would any of my existing sites (most of which are PHP, all of which are Namedvirtualhosts). So I uninstalled ISPConfig and made the necessary corrections to httpd.conf, php.conf and mime.types.

My question is this:

How can I install ISPConfig with "functioning" PHP. ISPConfig is a killer app, and I would love to be able to run it since it would save so much time and effort in managing my sites. Perhaps there are some scripts to edit afterward or a file to edit prior to installation? Please help, I'm jonsing for ISPConfig.

Thanks in advance,
    Alvadore

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  2. flourishing

flourishing ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

because the ispconfig shutoff the php .

you can create a new website and enabled php from ispconfig.

3. alvadore

alvadore New Member

PHP was enabled for the site, I actually tried it several times, failed to work each time.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. alvadore

alvadore New Member

I thin the main thing I'm needing to know is how to get PHP to work in sites created by ISPConfig. Reinstalling the OS is a definite possibility, so let's not rule that out. I can move the existing sites to another server in the interim, then after reinstalling the OS and ISPConfig and creating sites, move them to their new homes.

I'm not serving "hundreds of sites" just a handfull (less than twenty). It seems like ISPConfig should be able to handle that easily.

With that in mind, if I install ISPConfig on a freshly installed system and create sites with PHP enabled, will ISPConfig support PHP on those sites?

If I do that, I'll use Fedora Core 4 and wll follow the Perfect Server setup.

6. falko

If you have enabled PHP for the web sites in ISPConfig then PHP should work for these sites... :confused:

It doesn't matter if it's hundreds of sites or less than twenty. The point is that you cannot import these sites into ISPConfig, unless you create new web sites in ISPConfig and copy the files from the old web sites to their new location.

If you follow the tutorial step-by-step, then you won't have any problems. :)

7. alvadore

alvadore New Member

Well then, looks it's time to reinstall from scratch, make all the sites then move the existing files into place in the sites.

I'll post when comepleted.

Thanks so much for your help. :)

8. azorman

azorman New Member

9. cmottus

cmottus New Member

PHP doesn't work

Hi All,
    I had a similar as the one previously posted. I have a clean install of ISPconfig. The mail server works great but php doesn't. I have enabled php but when I browse to a page it asks me if I want to download the file instead of running it. This has happened to me a number of times on previous installs.

Any suggestions?

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make sure that you install mod_php as described in the perfect setup guide for your linux distribution.

11. cmottus

cmottus New Member

Still having php issues

I am using opensuse10.2. I reinstalled mod_php and it had no effect. It still asks for me to download the php file.

Cheers,
    Cam

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And you are sure that you put the .php file in a website directory that has been created by ISPconfig and not somewhere else in /var/www ?

13. cmottus

cmottus New Member

Yes, the path created by ISPconfig is /srv/www/web1/web/index.php . Prior to putting the php file in the directory, I could browse the default ispconfig webpage for my site. You can try accessing the page at www.xyberforge.net

BTW, thanks for the help! It is most appreciated.

Cam

14. falko

If upgrading is an option for you, I'd go for OpenSUSE 10.3. So many people (incl. me) had problems with 10.2, whereas 10.3 seems to work nicely (at least so far).

15. azteca2137

azteca2137 Member

I have Fedora 6 and can't make the php to work, already verify the permissions at the sites, PHP installed according to The perfect LAMPS at Fedora 6, can you help me?

16. falko

Did you install ISPConfig? If not, please undo the steps from the tutorial where PHP got disabled.

17. azteca2137

azteca2137 Member

Falko, thanks for your response,yes, I have ISPConfig installed, and the sites have enabled PHP permissions, but still not work

18. falko

What's in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf? In which directory is it located? Can you go to that directory and post the output of
    Code:
    ls -la
    ?

19. azteca2137

azteca2137 Member

Vhosts_ispconfig.conf is in /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts

the output of ls -la
    [root@serverayme vhosts]# ls -la
    total 36
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 oct 26 06:17 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 oct 18 08:21 ..
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 9390 mar 27 12:17 Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 9573 mar 27 12:17 Vhosts_ispconfig.conf~

20. falko

What's in What's in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf? Is SELinux disabled?