ispconfig doesnt add domains in apache config

Discussion in 'General' started by adam76, Feb 20, 2007.

1. adam76

adam76 New Member

some domains i add were not added in the apache config file. if i look at the backups there are aviable there. but not at the recent working configuration file. i tried readding the domain by deleting it and add it again but no luck either in that way. what am i doing wrong or is this a bug of somekind ??

2. martinfst

martinfst ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig uses a separate config file and does not add sites to the default /etc/apache2/apache2.conf.
    The file that's being updated is
    Code:
    /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
    It will be updated with every change in your websites, so don't try to modify something by hand in this file. Your updates will be gone next time you change or add a site.

3. adam76

adam76 New Member

yes i know that this is the correct path. however if i add the line maually from the backup ones into the original working config file it stays there. but when i add a new domain it wont be added in the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file.

strange.

4. martinfst

martinfst ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Because this file is generated fresh each time from the database. Whatever you put in that file is not being read.

5. adam76

adam76 New Member

yes, ok that is good, but it still doesnt resolve my problem why new domains not being written to this file.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are there copies of the file Vhosts_ispconfig.conf in the same directory with a recent date appended to the name.

7. adam76

adam76 New Member

yes the backup copy's that ispconfig make are still there. and they contain those domains what are not in the actual running config... very weird.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer