MySQL fault - Database isn't written

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by FlashOver, Feb 25, 2007.

1. FlashOver

FlashOver New Member

I like to install the latest stable of ISPconfig and it works fine - till the end :eek:)
    I entered my mysql user and password and one a new database and one an already existing one. But I got all the time the following fault and so ISPconfig isn't working.

What to do?

Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/dynetix-networks/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 1084
    Could not connect to MySQL server
    Neustart einiger Dienste...
    * Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix [ ok ]
    * Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix [ ok ]
    * Stopping ftp server proftpd [ ok ]
    * Starting ftp server proftpd - IPv6 getaddrinfo 'server1.staudigl-software.de' error: Name or service not known
    [ ok ]
    Starting ISPConfig system...
    /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd started

Warning: include(/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.inc.php on line 30

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.inc.php on line 30
    Could not connect to MySQL server!FreshClam is already running!
    ISPConfig system is now up and running!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The problem is that you have a mysql development library on your server installed that is incompatible with the installed mysql version. Please install the mysql development library from your linux distribution that is compatible with the installed mysql database.

3. FlashOver

FlashOver New Member

Pakage name

Oh that was fast :eek:)
    It's a ubuntu server 6.06 LTS. Can you tell me how the developement library is labeled so I can find it with aptitude or apt-get ?

If it try apt-get update && apt-get upgrade --> everythink looks working fine together but I trust you blind :eek:)

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Apt can not detect this "inconsistency" because its valid to have a older mysql dev library installed e.g. when you want to develop software for a older mysql database that is not installed on your local server.

Please execute:

apt-get install libmysqlclient15-dev

5. FlashOver

FlashOver New Member

ok, thank you. this fault now is gone. but the next is shown after Login.
    What to update now ? :)

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 60

6. FlashOver

FlashOver New Member

It works!!

A bit google and I found a solution. If this solution is the best I can not tell.
    I logged in to a phpmyadmin used the following statement.

SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('password');

It works fine!!
    Thank's for the help. I'm looking forward to the next setup of ISPConfig.