French user

Discussion in 'General' started by mccharlet, Mar 2, 2007.

1. mccharlet

mccharlet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

there are much French users?

My English is not perfect then I thought create a French forum

What do you think?

Tanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We are already considering to create native language forums. But I'am not sure if one of the developers and moderators speaks french to help in this forum and moderate it.

3. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

To find a French moderator, is not the problem I think. Personally I speak fluent French. The real problem is to now if there is really a need for a French forum. As if the people don't understand English, the will not understand the perfect setups, so we will have to translate them, and so on.

Non, je ne suis pas un fan de la Loi Toubon.

4. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I personaly think that the "Howtoforge" forum should stay English only!

5. rayman

rayman New Member

I@M not french but comunity is comunity

I think saying stay english only is unfair if the software is open source then surely the help should be too..?

why not instead of either cutting them out or mixing them together (which I agree could cause problems )
    why don't we ask and see if there is any one out there with the time to translate the posts and how to's and create a sister site or forum..

AFTER ALL WHATS THE POINT IN SHARING KNOWLEDGE IF YOU DON'T SHARE

just because they speak a different lingo doesn't mean they can't solve problems as well

6. horus.solaris

horus.solaris New Member

agree

Totally agree with Rayman. It's all about sharing the knowledge and helping each other. But as Till mention, maybe the most difficult is to find a moderator.

But I don't think its necessary to translate the posts. As questions will be raised , they'll be answered.

I think that any forum on another language won't be as popular as the one in english, but for sure will help a lot of people.