Error when changing things

Discussion in 'General' started by joostvdl, Oct 25, 2005.

1. joostvdl

joostvdl Member

[SOLVED] Error when changing things

Hello

When I try to change something I get on multiple places the following error:

This website already has 0 domain(s). You cannot decrease the number of domains.

But the change has been commited. The list on the left site of the interface is not updated then. Only after a logout it is updated.

What is wrong?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The list on the left side is updated when you click on save or cahnge the module in the upper menu.

To the error message. What is the number of domains you set as limit for this website?

3. joostvdl

joostvdl Member

The max nummer is set to 2

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which ISPConfig version are you running? Do the web sites belong to a reseller, or directly to the admin in ISPConfig?

5. joostvdl

joostvdl Member

I use 2.1.0 (the latest) and the websites belong directly to admin

6. till

Did you get this error also with websites that belong to a reseller?

7. joostvdl

joostvdl Member

I shall test it. Right now I'm reinstalling the server to prevent any other influence....

8. joostvdl

joostvdl Member

[solved]

Problem is solved when using resellers

9. Avatar

Doesn't work for me. :(
    If I change something (even little changes like local mailserver to external mailserver), I get an error. (e.g.) "This website already has 1 domain(s). You cannot decrease the number of domains.

After that the maximum domain number has been automatically changed from 1 to 2 - also when I am logged in as reseller.

ISPConfig Version is 2.1.0
    --
    Best regards...
    Ace

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  10. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You have to keep in mind that ISPConfig counts also the Co-Domains. For example, when you create a new web site www.example.com, then the Co-Domain example.com is created automatically which increases the domain count to two. Maybe this explains your problem?

11. Avatar

Hi!

No, there is no Co-Domain. I can reproduce these errors with any new Web I create.
    --
    Best regards...
    Ace

12. till

Did you create the sites as admin or reseller? If you create the sites as reseller, what is the domain limit of the reseller? Have you checked the recycle bin for deleted Co-Domains?

13. Avatar

Because of this thread here, I created as reseller; the limit is infinite (-1).
    The recycle bin is empty.

14. till

Please try to set the reseller limit to a number, e.g 10000 and check if the error still occurs.

15. Avatar

Yep! Limit set to 10000, created a new web, but the error still occurs.

btw: It seems that the error only occurs the first time, setting the maximum number of domains from 1 to 2, but after further more changes, it doesn't complain again. I cannot produce a 2nd (setting max. from 2 to 3 error) with the same web.