Integration for automated sales

Discussion in 'General' started by jakev383, Nov 17, 2005.

1. jakev383

jakev383 New Member

Has anyone tried/done this? I'd like to have my domain where users can purchase hosting packages (probably using commerce-cgi.com), and somehow require the payment to go through before allowing them access? Maybe a generated password (by the shopping cart) and have it tie to ipsconfig's password? Is there a simpler solution? Or am I totally out there....
    Thanks in advance.

2. TheDanMan

TheDanMan ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Currently I am using a Perl Script that simply stores in a database the appropriate information to use in setting up a new user/domain in ISPConfig. I still set it up manually, but I don't see where it would be a problem, though it'll take some work to make it automatically update ISPConfig.

You'd need to be able to populate ISPConifg Database, Generate Apache Vhost Entries, Create Dir Tree for user and domain, set up mailbox, check for Payment, upon success mail login information to the new user. From there ISPConfig would need to be restarted as well as Apache.

This is not something I'm ready to tackle, but perhaps someone else here is.

Not impossible, but not easy.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I'm using the commercial version of ISPConfig, 42goISP, which has the remoting framework which allows you to create web sites, users, clients, resellers, ... from a remote server, and I've successfully integrated Whois.Cart with it.

It should also be possible with ISPConfig, but you would have to write directly to the ISPConfig database.
    I suggest that you set up an ISPConfig test server, then kill the ispconfig_wconf process (that's the process that checks if something has changed in the ISPConfig database and triggers the ISPConfig backend to write new configurations); the ISPConfig frontend will still work then, and you can use it and have a look at the ISPConfig database what exactly changes when you create a new web site, etc.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. phlat

phlat New Member

I would be interested in your remoting "glue" for whois.cart and 42goISP/ISPCONFIG. What makes the calls for ISPCONFIG?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  6. till

7. phlat

phlat New Member

I have the remoting plugin. What do I need setup in whois.cart to make the SOAP calls? I realize whois.cart support is a bit off topic. But what is the terminology for whois.cart? I'm guessing there is a plugin for whois.cart that makes the SOAP calls for ISPCONFIG?

8. till

There is no plugin for whois cart available. The ISPConfig remoting framework is the technology to enable ISPConfig that you can write your own bindings for whois cart or any other external software.

9. phlat

phlat New Member

I understand this and thanks your answer. I need to figure out how to pass form info from whois.cart to a remoting script for ISPCONFIG. If anyone has experience with whois.cart and knows which script gets posted to, or how to specify in whois.cart which script gets posted to I would greatly appreciate that as well. Thanks.

10. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Ok, this is for Whois.Cart v.2.2.62, I haven't tried it with newer versions, and instead of ISPConfig I'm using its professional variant, 42goISP.

In admin/hostinginterfaces I created the file cp42goisp.php

I also created cp42goisp_1_config.php in that directory and put soap.lib.php into that directory.

Attached Files:

11. phlat

phlat New Member

Thanks. I went through and wrote my own test plugins based heavily on your example. One question How does Whois.Cart recognize this? The files are in admin/hostinginterfaces along with soap.lib.php is there somthing that needs to be set in WC?

12. jmontoya

jmontoya ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  13. till

You created the task in the ispconfig 3 bugtracker. ISPconfig 2 and 3 are completely different software packages and not compatible with each other.

14. jwarnier

jwarnier ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

We (BeezNest) finally understood this was just not a part of ISPconfig features, it is more a billing system and we decided to go for THT (and create some sort of integration into ISPconfig 3).

15. till

There will be also a integrated billing solution for ISPConfig 3 released in about 4-8 weeks.

16. jwarnier

jwarnier ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

And where could we find the work in progress for this?
    In a public repository?

17. till