Is it possible to change starting page?

Discussion in 'General' started by aljosa, Apr 20, 2007.

1. aljosa

aljosa New Member

Is it possible to change starting page when Reseller logs in from ISP Manager to DNS Manager?
    Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

No, that's not possible.

3. aljosa

aljosa New Member

Yes this is possible.

Falko this is possible.

I found a way to use it just for giving Resellers DNS management for their domains without other hosting options.

1. First backup /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_reseller.lib.php
    2. Change: $modules_str = "isp,dns,isp_file,tools,help"; to $modules_str = "dns";
    3. When you create new Reseller in tab limits you have to check out everything except DNS Manager and give all zeros except for Master Zones (DNS): 1 and if you want Slave Zones (DNS): 1.
    4. When Reseller logs in he 'll just have option for DNS Manager.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I know, but I thought it'd be too difficult to explain. :D

5. aljosa

aljosa New Member

No problem If you need help just ask. :D

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What you did is to restrict the reseller so that he is only able to use the "DNS-Manager". The values are stored in the sys_user table, you can see that if you compare the modules of the different users. Thats a bit different from your original question as it not only chnages the starting page, it also disables several modules, if you only want to change the field modul to "dns" for this user in the sys_user table and leave the modules list untouched.

7. aljosa

aljosa New Member

Yes It saves me time for doing manual changes to mysql because my Resellers will only use it for DNS Management.

If we already talking Till. Where can I set so when adding new Resseler all Limits modules are unchecked except DNS Manager and limits Master Zones (DNS): is set to 1. All others to 0.

8. till

You can change the defaults of the coluns in the database.

9. aljosa

aljosa New Member

Please be a little more specific if it is not to much trouble for you. I am sure this will help alot of people.

10. till

Sure :)

1) Open phpmyadmin, go to the ISPConfig database
    2) Open the isp_isp_reseller table
    3) Set the desired defaults

11. aljosa

aljosa New Member

Thank you very much for your answer. :)
    But if I'm not mistaken this only sets per single already added Reseller?

I was thinking if it is possible for setting it as default when I as admin add new Reseller.

12. till

13. aljosa

aljosa New Member

Thank you, thank you. You are to kind. I have missed that one :D