Moving an account lost dbs and http directives

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by WebRuss, May 7, 2007.

1. WebRuss

WebRuss New Member

Hello
    Logged into ispconfig as admin. I attempted to move an account from the admin group to another reseller group and it lost all the databases and apache directives. ugh! I was also then unable to select the mysql option or add any apache directives, so I moved it back to the admin group

1. How do I get all the databases back?

2. Is this a bug? if so what is the fix?

Regards
    Russ

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Are the databases there if you check with phpmyadmin?

2)

- Which ISPConfig version do you use?
    - Apache directives are not altered at all by the website moving tool, so there must be another issue for the problem.
    - Maybe you moved the site to a reseller where that has no permissions to use apache directives or databases.

3. WebRuss

WebRuss New Member

Till

Thanks for your reply, here are my answers:

No the databases are gone, I confirmed by logging in through ssh and checking the directory where dbs are stored and through phpmyadmin.

Version is: 2.2.12

Here is what happened. The reseller did not have the correct options selected when they were set up. By default, when a new reseller is created they do not get the apache directives or the mysql option. So when I moved the accounts to the reseller with less permissions, it changed the site to match.

My suggestion would be a warning message with an option to cancel instead of just completing the move and then letting you know it deleted all your databases and removed the apache directives. In fact I would suggest that any time a site is moved to a reseller with any less options you get a warning before it is deleted.

Regards
    Russ