external mail server help

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by scotthawks, May 7, 2007.

1. scotthawks

scotthawks New Member

i have a website on my ispc box that has an external mail server in our LAN on another subnet. when i try to send email from the ispc box via php script to this particular domain, it never goes anywhere. the email just disappears. i'm sure it a config problem on my part, i just don't know what. any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must set the mailserver to external in the website settings AND the co-domains of the website in ISPConfig.

3. scotthawks

scotthawks New Member

external server

I went and double checked, and i had already done that. let me mention this. my DNS for this domain points to external IP's, and my box is natted behind a firewall using privite IP's. would this make a difference??

4. till

This make nd fifference. Are you sure that you set the co-domains to external mailserver too? This setting is not the same then the external mailserver in the website settings.

5. scotthawks

scotthawks New Member

external servers

yep, I'm sure. i double checked once again just to be sure. under options of the main domain, and under options of the co-domain, the external mail server option is selected in the drop down. any other ideas??

6. till

Please post an excerpt of your mail logfile that shows the lines when you send such a disappearing email.

7. scotthawks

scotthawks New Member

external server

May 9 00:32:25 webserver postfix/qmgr[17653]: BFF514CEFCD: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=379326, delays=379326/0.17/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to spam-server.leebrass.com[72.242.169.182]: Connection refused)

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

9. scotthawks

scotthawks New Member

external server

72.242.169.182 is my server. i have a range that sits on my firewall. my firewall will not allow me to hit an external ip from an internal ip. this is the only domain i have on this box that has an external mailserver. all the others use the mailserver on the ipsc box. any ideas???

10. till

The problem is not on your ISPConfig server, the problem is that the external server 72.242.169.182 refuses to accept the emails or that a firewall blocks the connections to 72.242.169.182.

11. scotthawks

scotthawks New Member

external server

does postfix have connectors like exchange, or anything similar? if i could route all email from this server to this particular domain to a certain subnet, it would work. any ideas??

12. till

For postfix, his functionality is called transports.