squirrelmail dovecot config

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cotthemh, Feb 7, 2007.

1. cotthemh

cotthemh New Member

to be able to have [email protected] accounts i changed the dovecot auth_username_format="%Ld%Lu" this works nice when authenticating through pop3, but squirrelmail now adds another _ in front of the domain name. This seemed to work a few weeks ago when i tested this, now it no longer does, any clue what i did wrong and how to change this so squirrelmail works,

many thanks,

Herwig

2. cotthemh

cotthemh New Member

so if i use %Ld%Lu squirrelmail works, but then the pop3 mail doesn't, any clues i looked 2 days at this so any help is more than welcome!!!

3. ./w

./w New Member

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem here.
    It's supposed to work, from what I've read in this forum.

My installation is a new one:
    * CentOS 5.0
    * ISPConfig 2.2.12
    * SquirrelMail 1.5.1 (downloaded as an ISPConfig package from ispconfig.com)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

4. cotthemh

cotthemh New Member

there is but one option, turn of the prefixing and just use the option to translate the @ to _ in this case both dovecot and squirrelmail work. the only issue i have left is that sometimes the squirrelmail authentication fails, i haven't found out why, and just trying again helps,

good luck,

Herwig

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you use the ISPConfig squirrelmail package, it might be that lookups to the /etc/postfix/virtusertable file are enabled in squirrelmail which might conflict with your type of configuration as now dovecot and squirrelmail are both trying to resolve the system username for the email address.

6. ./w

./w New Member

How do I configure Squirrelmail so it stops looking at /etc/postfix/virtusertable ?
    Maybe I can solve this issue doing this.

Thanks.

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

8. ./w

./w New Member

Hi Till,

I've solved the issue. I checked the config.php file and removed the following line:

$plugins[] = 'vlogin';

Then the extra underscore stopped showing up at the beggining of the username, so now it's working just fine.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.