admin pages

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ejs, Aug 6, 2005.

1. ejs

ejs New Member

I have done a fresh install on a fedora 4 box using your perfect setup. Then installed frontpage. Then installed ispconfig.

My problem

I can log into the admin page of ispconfig but all the icons and the server pages that are on the right side are not there. when i click on the pages it says this page can not be displayed.

why?

2. ejs

ejs New Member

another why?

why am i getting this error?

########## INSTALLATION ##########

Preparing files. Please wait a moment...
    All prerequisites are fulfilled.
    Here we go...
    Please enter your MySQL server:localhost
    Please enter your MySQL user:xxxxxxxxx
    Please enter your MySQL password:xxxxxxxxx
    OK
    Please enter a name for the ISPConfig database (e.g. db_ispconfig):ispconfig
    Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web (e.g. 192.168.0.1):xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    OK
    Please enter the host name (e.g. www):www
    Please enter the domain (e.g. xyz.de):xxxxxxxx.com
    ERROR: The URL is not reachable! The installation routine stops here!

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You got this error because the installer can not ping the internet address you entered.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maybe you entered a host and domain during setup that does not pint to you server.

5. ejs

ejs New Member

I can ping the server on its static ip addressfrom an outside address. I put the static address of the machine to where i am installing the software. should i have used 127.0.0.1 since the software resides on it?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The error occurred after you entered the host name and domain so the installer could not ping www.xxxxxxxx.com, not the IP address. Make sure that www.xxxxxxxx.com can be resolved and pinged.

7. ejs

ejs New Member

how do i do that if i cant have any domains installed while i install your software? I have a domain set up to point to the ip address but dont have it installed on the box.

8. falko

You can use that domain. You don't need to "install" it, the only requirement is that it points to your system. :)

9. ejs

ejs New Member

ok well it has been pointed to that set of ip address for over a week. I can not do a tracert on the namesever for some reason. What is the path that ispocnfig uses to install its html files?

10. falko

The ISPConfig server part is under /root/ispconfig, the web interface under /home/admispconfig/ispconfig. But you cannot install ISPConfig manually, you need to run the installer. Instead of entering a hostname and domain during the installation, you can leave the hostname empty and enter your IP address as domain.