/etc/apache2/apache2.conf deleted or damaged

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Dekalb, May 31, 2007.

1. Dekalb

Dekalb New Member

After successfully installing The Perfect Setup - Debian Etch (Debian 4.0) Submitted by falko on Mon, 2007-04-09 11:32.

I've damaged my /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file.

How to correct my error?

(Newbie...)

2. justdave

justdave New Member

I think that file is the default for Apache's own package so perhaps you could download it and use the apache2.conf file from there? :)

3. Dekalb

Dekalb New Member

How to download the apache2.conf file from the default Apache's package?

Mr. Green - Licensed Aubergine At Law
    123 Fresh sprout Ave.
    Shiny, Newbie 12345

4. justdave

justdave New Member

I just looked in their package and it would seem the config file is generated during install? (at least I couldn't find it but I scanned the package rather quickly)

I'm attaching the config file from my computer. I run LAMP locally for testing/developing PHP applications. I don't recall ever having to change it so it should work. I'm running Ubuntu though so that may make a difference.

Attached Files:

5. Dekalb

Dekalb New Member

Thx 4 trying but I'm still in same error.
    the file you sent me is different.

I repeat:

After successfully installing The Perfect Setup - Debian Etch (Debian 4.0) Submitted by falko on Mon, 2007-04-09 11:32.

I've damaged my apache2.conf file.

How to correct this error?

6. Dekalb

Dekalb New Member

Running ISPConfig On Port 80 Using Apache's Reverse Proxy Feature (Debian Etch)

I deleted the apache2.conf file by mistake

While "Running ISPConfig On Port 80 Using Apache's Reverse Proxy Feature (Debian Etch)" Step 2,

After successfully "installing The Perfect Setup - Debian Etch (Debian 4.0) Submitted by falko on Mon, 2007-04-09 11:32."

Please help me, How can I correct this error?

Mr. Green -
    Licensed Aubergine At Law
    123 Fresh sprout Ave.
    Shiny, Newbie 12345

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If it's gone, it's gone. You could install Apache2 on another Debian Etch system and then copy over apache2.conf, but that's only the default configuration file. Any changes/customizations you've made are lost.

8. svenV

svenV New Member

you should find apache2.conf.dpkg-dist in the etc directory copy it ... it resolved my problems and the site is back.