DNS managment in ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by BenWara, Jun 16, 2007.

1. BenWara

BenWara New Member

Hello,
    I have been using ISPConfig for sometime, zero problems. I decided to doing my own dns, I was using some through my colocation before. anyway, when I go to the dns manager, it shows like there is no dns, which is how i thought it would be. then i go to create one it says there is one for that domain already. so if i go to the search feature and search leaving everything blank it pops up with some dns already. so i try to delete them, it won't let me. it doesn't say an errors, it acts like it did it but didn't. when i try to modify one or move it to a folder i click save and it doesn't save it. I am running debian etch, and followed the perfect setup tutorial for it. anyone got any ideas how to delete those, i can't use them because they are set to my old IP.
    -Ben

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you check the recycle bins in ISPConfig if the zone you're trying to create is already existing?

3. BenWara

BenWara New Member

yes nothing

there is nothing in the bin. And i purged bind, installed it again and it is still there. which makes me thing that it is in the ispconfig database. No idea where thought. do you?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you check all recycle bins?

5. BenWara

BenWara New Member

yes, all bins, under every tab (dns manger, isp manager, etc) are empty.