change my mysql password

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cap10kirk, Jun 27, 2007.

1. cap10kirk

cap10kirk New Member

I apologize for this super noob question. But, how do I change my mysql password. I have phpMyadmin installed. I installed the package directly into ISPConfig.

Thanks in advance,
    Kirk

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Open the "mysql" database in phpmyadmin, go to the users table, open the user and enter a new password in the "password" field. You must select "password" as function for the password field before you save the changes.

Then click on "home" in phpmyadmin and select "reload priveliges".

3. cap10kirk

cap10kirk New Member

I screwed somthing up!!

I changed my msql password, now i'm getting an error message when I try to login to ispconfig. Here are the errors that I'm getting. Help:confused: Thanks in advance.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 60

Kirk

4. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

Because I am not sure where the pwd is noted down in the sources, I would do the following:

grep YOUROLDPASSWORD /home/admispconfig/* -R

it willt list you the files containing your old password. Edit them to change this to the new one.
    To be safe also do the same for /root/ispconfig/

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please change the password in the ISPConfig configuration file:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

6. cap10kirk

cap10kirk New Member

That did the trick fellas.

Thanks,
    Kirk