Mail forwarders without mailbox

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by morenz, Jul 18, 2007.

1. morenz

morenz New Member

Hello, it's me again.
    I configured my Debian Etch server with postfix, courier, mysql and phpMyAdmin, and it seems to work (it's not in service, yet), but I need another thing.

I have some email addresses (like [email protected], [email protected], etc) that I would only to forward mail to other users, without having a mailbox of its own (see, they should work like distribution lists).

I searched in Courier Docs, but I found nothing that can help me...

How can I obtain what I need (if possible)?

thanks in advance,
    Morenz

2. xrayolc

xrayolc New Member

Hi,

you may realize this with the virtual adress mapping, check your /etc/postfix/virtual to make redirections from mailadresses to mailboxes.

3. morenz

morenz New Member

Sorry, I can't do this...

I read this line in Postfix documentation:

NEVER list a virtual alias domain name as a mydestination domain!

... and, another thing, I have 3 domains, all of them with their own [email protected], [email protected], etc, do you think virtual aliases and virtual users on a DB can coexist?

thanks
    Morenz

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Forwarding is explained in this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_users_and_domains_with_postfix_debian_etch

5. morenz

morenz New Member

OK, OK, I was wrong reading the howto... I read that when I use forwardings the "forwarded" emails receive "a copy" of the email... I interpreted it as "the source keeps the email and sends a copy to all its forwarding addresses.

Great. I'm at least OK, now... just to add alias domains (.it is alias for .com), test all the stuff and I'm done.

Thanks for help!
    Morenz