Outbound packets...

Discussion in 'General' started by palkat, Jul 27, 2007.

1. palkat

palkat New Member

I have this odd issue that has been happening the past month...I run ispconfig 2.2.6 on a SUSE 9.3 build. in the last month our other computers on the same modem will stop surfing...after working with our cable company we found that it was our ISPConfig server was sending a constant upstream of packet causing our connection to almost stop working for all (including the server).

So when this happens about every 18-36hours i reboot the server and it is all good....now when this does happen i can on the server go to terminal run TOP and see the only things running are httpd2-prefork, and sometimes a php but usually only with both those running about a total for 4-6 active processes. I average about 130-149 processes total again with 4-6 active and sometimes 1 zombie.

I have my suse9.3 up to date with all the patches, I run clamscan dailey..though lately it is SLOW and does not always finish.
    I run rootkit checker and nothing is off.

my cron emails me a lot of these daily
    Code:
    Can't open perl script "/tmp/.tmp/tmpfile": No such file or directory
    Code:
    LibClamAV Error: cli_readn: read error: Invalid argument
    Any ideas???

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post the output of:

ls -la /tmp/.tmp/

3. palkat

palkat New Member

Code:
    server:/tmp # ls -al /tmp/.tmp
    total 1120
    drwxr-xr-x   3 root root      72 Jul 26 21:55 .
    drwxrwxrwt  76 root root 1147136 Jul 27 07:37 ..
    drwxr-xr-x   2 root root      48 Jul 26 21:55 tmpfile
    server:/tmp # 

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Seems to be a ClamAV problem. Did you update ClamAV to the latest version?

5. palkat

palkat New Member

It is about .1 version off...didn't now how to manually update it other than freshclam and that just does the defs file.

All day yesterday i was connected to the server via my Mac through terminal monitoring top...after a day of being connected to it like that..when i disconnected with in about 20 mins the server slowed my whole network down again and had to be rebooted.

I will look into updating clamav on their site, unless there is a different way being it was installed with the ispconfig package.

6. palkat

palkat New Member

Is there a certin way to preform the update for the whole clamav program?

Sorry for my ignorance on all this stuff...but not a linux person obviously so thanks for your patients. :D

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to do this on suSE... :(

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007