Mailbox looks to be catch all ???

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vincen, Jul 28, 2007.

1. vincen

vincen New Member

Hi,

I have following problem: I have two mailboxes on domain A. I have also a domain B installed in ISPConfig but setup with remote Mail server and no mailbox setup in it.

When I send an email from domain A to mailbox on domain B, it should go outside my server to be delivered to MX server of domain B. Instead email appears in an other mailbox of domain A !!!

I already noticed in past that that special mailbox on domain A gets also error messages from mailserver unless it doesn't have any catch all or special settings !

An idea what happens ? I currently run version Version: 2.2.6 of ISPConfig.

Thanks in advance

Vince

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. vincen

vincen New Member

Thanks Till for the link. Unhappy $mydomain doesn't exist in my /etc/postfix/main.cf file ! Should I add it with a fake domain ?

Thanks

Vince

4. till

Yes, please add the mydomain variable and also check the myhostname variable.

5. vincen

vincen New Member

So I added mydomain with a domain name corresponding to domain of server, but I still receive emails in an other domain mailbox when not corresponding to a local domain :(

myhostname variable doesn't exist ! Should I create it ?

I did a postfix reload after modification for info ;)

Thanks

Vince

6. till

And you are sure that there exists no website or co-domain in ispconfig that is identical to the domain you used for mydomain or myhostname in the postfix main.cf file?

7. vincen

vincen New Member

For sure it exists as domain I putted in mydomain is main domain of server and is managed for email and web in ispconfig ! Should I put a fake domain name for mydomain ?

For myhostname, what should I indicate ? fake hostname also ?

Thanks

Vince

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please use a domain/hostname in mydomain/myhostname that points to your server, but isn't used for any web site/email account. You could buy a "technical" domain that you use solely for naming your servers.