SAMBA (Domaincontroller) Server For Small Workgroups

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by FrozenPixel, Nov 13, 2006.

1. FrozenPixel

FrozenPixel New Member

Is there a HowTo installation instructions for Ubuntu Server 6.06 LTS with LAMP setting up the SAMBA (Domain Controller) Server For Small Workgroups and DHCP similar to the one "SAMBA (Domain Controller) Server For Small Workgroups With Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger".

I'm trying to follow that HowTo but having no luck. As well I'm looking to set up the server as the DHCP server as well and these HowTo's on this site have been the best I have found yet on the internet.

I am a new user trying to set up a mock up system at home duplicating my work network so I can understand it better and hopefully be able to take over administration.

Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no such howto on howtoforge and I dont know a similar howto for Ubuntu 6.06. I've planned to port my debian howto to ubuntu but did not found the time to do it yet :)

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

4. supriyanto

supriyanto New Member

Hi all,

In Samba (DomainContoller) Server For Small Workgroups Howto written "This howto is also available as VMware virtual machine image for all HowtoForge subscribers".

But, althought I had been subscriber, I can't see link to download that VMware virtual machine image. Please tell me, where I can download VMware virtual machine image for this howto ?

Thanks

5. till

6. supriyanto

supriyanto New Member

Thanks Till,

I'm understand now.

May be I must write some tutorial and hope my tutorial get published on HowtoForge sites to get one year Free HowtoForge membership. I hope ;-)

regards

Supriyanto
    www.infolinux.web.id

7. jodoj80

jodoj80 New Member

Problem with the HOWTO-Samba

Hi. When I type
    Code:
    touch /quota.user /quota.group
    I get
    Code:
    touch: cannot touch '/quota.user': Permission denied
    touch: cannot touch '/quota.group': Permission denied
    But, I'm logged in as root as I can know. Because, the display show "root@servername:/home/username#.

And thanks for The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.10 Server (Edgy Eft). It helps me to setup my Ubuntu 7.04 Server (Feisty Fawn) in a XPS 410.

Regards,
    Jodoj80

8. till

Please run the command:

su

to make sure that you have really root permissions. If the "touch" commands still fail, please post the output of the command:

ls -la /