Space problem

Discussion in 'General' started by fobicodam, Nov 28, 2006.

1. fobicodam

fobicodam ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Im running ISPConfig since May... and i noticed some problem with disk space.. it is on a virtual machine with a 100Gb virtual disk, the last 2 month it was on somewhere like 80Gb.. i felt it was strange, my clients didnt use so much space but.. with linux you never know... The last week the disk space was on 90%, 92%, 94%, 98%... today i get a message "not enough space" when i was trying to send mail.. so i had to really focus on that problem.. (late than never..)

I tried everything, log files, fine, 1Gb.. tmp folder 50Mb, /home/www websites folders as espected 15Gb.. then i check the "/home" folder... 87Gb.

Checking inside, the /home/ispconfig/tmp (dont remember) folder has lots of zip files randomly named around 70Mb each, total something like 80Gb..

What are those zip files?? i delete them and now my HD is on 25Gb, excelent !

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These .zip files are created when you do a backup. You may delete thrm from time to time with e.g. a cronjob.

3. fobicodam

Nice to know... can you add this cron job for the next version?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. fobicodam

I modified a lot of cron jobs and scripts to make it run a bit more friendly. I told you if you can add this to future versions so nobody will fight with useless files on the future..

6. fobicodam

Sorry for the "back to life"...

I was checking again the bugies zip files (i had to create a cron job to delete them..) and i found something i believe is not ok..

Data:
    The files are on /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/temp
    They are named f879b847438e98604d2e2dc4df8f2d69.zip like random generated filenames.
    They are 470Mb each.
    They are generated daily.
    Inside they have the usual backup structure:
    - backup.dat 21 bytes
    - web354_db1.sql 663 bytes
    - web354_log.zip 157209K
    - web354_user.zip 157209K
    - web354_web.zip 157209K
    Note: the site id 354 is a deleted one, its on the recicle bin.

Then.. i realize the similar 157209K, so i opened one to see whats inside.. i was almost shoked when i found the /root folder inside the zips :eek:

Maybe there is some bug on the backup script, when the site folder cant be located it backup the root folder? i dont know if that can be a security problem.. but i dont like the idea of the /root folder ziped anywhere.. can you check it somehow?