Help with Bluetooth PAND

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by josto, May 9, 2007.

1. josto

josto New Member

Hello,
    I'm newbie with linux and I have a pc with on Debian that I use as little home server, I would like to set up on it a Bluetooth access point to surf the web with my Palm Tungsten T3.
    I have tried to follow the HowTo that I found here http://www.howtoforge.com/bluetooth_pand_debian_etch but I didn't have success: I'm able to do the pairing but not to connect.
    I have tried the command
    but I cant see bnep0 coming up
    I have tried the command
    while trying to connect and this is the output
    In addiction the debian server is not visible by other bluetooth devices, and I have to use the command
    to make it visible.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks

2. hugolp

hugolp New Member

Hi

I am having problems as well. Its not working fine. I am guessing the problem is in the dhcp-server configuration, cause if I dont set my normal configuration as well as adding the bluetooth subnet it fails to start.

Also when I try to connect from the phone to the computer, it just stays there with the conecting screen. The interface is created but no internet acces.

Actually I am trying to get internet acces from my mobile phone using 3G to the computer. Is this posible using pand? or do I have to conect using the rcom mode?

Hugo