I Hate You

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fobicodam, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fobicodam

fobicodam ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Centos 4.5, the last ispconfig version. Erase my message or dont answer (as always), im sick and tired of you !! go back to school !

mv: cannot stat `binaries/ispconfig_tcpserver': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot move `binaries/zip' to `ispconfig/tools/zip/zip': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot move `binaries/unzip' to `ispconfig/tools/unzip/unzip': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot move `spamassassin' to `ispconfig/tools/spamassassin': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot move `uudeview' to `ispconfig/tools/uudeview': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot move `clamav' to `ispconfig/tools/clamav': No such file or directory
    Could not open input file: check.php
    ERROR: The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig does not work properly on your system! The installation routine stops here!
    [root@dedicado3 1]#

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As always ;) If you do not post the fiurst error that you got we can not help you. Posting the last errors does not tell us what has gone wrong during compilation.

By the way, following the perfect setup for Centos 4.5 exactly dos prevent these compilation failures.

3. fobicodam

No errors before that, i always follow the perfect setup.

Im downloading centos 5 64bits now, last chance..

4. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Do you really expect that somebody will help you with a title like that. People around here might be really friendly, but Insulting them is not a solution.

You can alway hire someone to make the installation for you. But personally if a customer insults me, it's no longer one of me customer.

Best regards
    Jonas

5. till

Thats not possible. You will have to scroll a bit up in the window.

Then you seem to follow it not cloesely enough, otherwise the setup script should have compiled the binaries.

For whom. If you dont want to use ISPConfig, then dont use it. It works perfectly on ten thousands of servers. If it dont works for you, then you can ask here for help. Being impolite just means that you wont get help here.

6. fobicodam

If you can not help, dont answer.

7. fobicodam

mmm you can scroll all my messages historial when i ask for help.. none of them are answered... i told you about some bugs on ispconfig, i have a lot more.. but i cant say when they are ispc errors or linux errors... all i know is that its bogus..

8. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

The point is That I can help I just don't want it. And I really admire Till for being so patient.

9. fobicodam

jajaja.. yes yes.. okok, you can.. go.. chek my previous messages and try to solve one...

Im not asking for help, im just telling you that the install can end like this.. im not waiting for anything here.

10. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Ok, so thank's for the report, and have a nice life.

11. till

Fobicodam, you should stop this now! Calm down.

If you want to get help, please ask for help. If you just want to post some hate messages and being impolite to the users of this forum, you wont get help as jnsc pointed out.

Jnsc is one of the ISPConfig developers, he knows ISPconfig codebase well and he can help you. But I fully understand him that he does not like to answer if questions are asked in this manner.

So, calm down and ask your question in a polite mannner as everyone else here in the forum and we will help you.

12. claudioimai

claudioimai Member

just my 2 cents here ;)

Hello, Fobicodam

I am no expert on ISPConfig - actually, I have been using it for around a month, with a few problems. Most of them are my own fault or not a problem at all, just a matter of waiting for things like DNS to stabilize.

The only time I asked for help, Till has answered me in less than 4 hours, which makes me amazed, since this forum is VERY active.

His answer headed me to the point, and I fixed the problem. But you just can't expect to have anyone "nannying" you, or checking your setup by telepathy.

These guys are here helping us for free, please collaborate a bit more and pay attention on ALL steps for the perfect setup.
    I did the Debian perfect setup at least 3 times in a day before understanding how things works, and still now I have problems for messing where I shouldn't...

just see everything that happens , take note of any errors. Most of them will point you to the track or al least will help Till or others to either help you or find any (improbable) bug. Just don't assume that the responsibility of things going wrong is theirs. They already develop a great software for free, and I really don't see how they can earn their lives and have the patience I see.

Sorry, I actually don't have to say anything, but the developers can't be blamed for everything.

13. fobicodam

Ho, ok, good for you, congratulations. I am around here since April 2006, asking for help about a lot of things, i discovered a lot of bugs and as far as i can see im the only one who is using ispconfig on a real production server with more than 200 sites on it.

Some bugs were fixed, a lot wasnt, some bugs were ispconfig fault, others are linux limitations...

ispc works great if you dont use it a lot, but when you have clients with diferent knowledge levels login in and touching things, creating and deleting sites and users you will notice than ispconfig is not as stable as it would be.

14. alexnz

alexnz New Member

dont use CentOS

problem solved, stop crying.
    [​IMG]

15. till

No, definately not. Running about 200 - 300 sites on ISPConfig is just a medium sized system.

There are no open bugs except the bugs that you find in the bugtracker.

http://www.ispconfig.org/bugtracker/

It is completely stable. I manage a server with 300+ sites, running just the normal ISPConfig stable branch without any additional patches ind it does not have any bugs or problems for several years.

16. Gimly

Gimly Member

ISPConfig function perfectly with more than 800 websites ^^

17. fobicodam

Sorry, but i cant believe you, as there were lots of major bugs just in the last year as you can look in this forum, otherwise this should be a quiet forum and its very popular.

If your server run smoothly for so long its because your clients arent using the panel.

18. till

This forum is really quiet, you did not take in account that there are about 350 - 500 ISPConfig installations per day ;)

I'am really not interested if you believe me or not. If there were bugs, we would have fixed them as there is no reason to leave bugs unfixed. You are mixing up feature requests, bugs and technical limitations that come from other sides, e.g. the linux distribution or just install and configuration errors.

E.g. it is not a bug in ISPConfig if someone installs ISPConfig and has not configured SASL on his server which results in SMTP-Auth failures.

You seem to not want to use ISPConfig anymore and you are not capable of expressing fair comments on the problems you encountered with ISPConfig. So please do me a favor and uninstall ISPConfig so we can close this thread.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  19. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

fobicodam, I'm sorry to see you have a hard time with your setup.

I've got nothing against anyone here, but before this gets really out of hand I have decided to close this thread.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.