DNS manager adding multiple domains

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by hwy-gpb, Sep 11, 2007.

1. hwy-gpb

hwy-gpb New Member

Now that I am happily :) using ISPconfig 4 hosting I am also interested in using its DNS manager. On my current dns servers (non ispconfig server) I'm using bind 9 and have around 200 domains delegated. Is there an easy way to add these to the DNS manager as I know I can't simply edit the named.conf and add the zone files.

thanks
    garry

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. hwy-gpb

hwy-gpb New Member

Thanks Till,
    let me rephase that. "---- ISPconfig for hosting" not ISPconf 4 as in version 4.

Re DNS manager: I'm after a way to add my existing domain into DNS manager, so they can be managed/edited by dns manager without adding them manually, one at a time via the dns manager interface. I can add them to named.conf but that are not picked up DNS manager.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can. At the bottom of the file there is a section where you can put your own stuff - ISPConfig won't overwrite it. :)

5. hwy-gpb

hwy-gpb New Member

Thanks Falko, I'm a where of this, I was just looking for a quick way to get all domains into DNS Manager, but I guess I will just paste domains @ the bottom of named.conf and new via DNS Man