Launching New site, IP not pinging in ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mancho, Sep 11, 2007.

1. mancho

mancho New Member

OK, I hope this is easy.

I've been running ISPConfig for over a year and its great for a majority of my customers. However, we've been working on a Drupal install and its ready to go live:

http://dev.dsvc.org (should resolve to 72.48.119.55)... however,

I change the IP (in ISPConfig) to 72.48.119.57 (an open IP of mine) and its NOT PINGING... (I need an SSL cert on it, so it cannot be the shared IP of .55)

What is GOING ON? I am going insane trying to figure it out. So, even tho my zone file is on a very short leash (1 hour expire), the internet has it stuck at .57 and nothing is happening.. the site is essentially down.. no one knows to try http://dev.dsvc.org Firewall is as it has always been, nothing changed there.

Any suggestions? I'm lost on why this is not working.

I DO have the IP in the ISPConfig set up, so it knows it. I don't have to add it to yast... any suggestions? I'm desperate, we need to make the site live asap.

Thank you for any help whatsoever, I hate to bug the ISPConfig guys to death over my little stupid stuff.

Thanks,

Mancho

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is the ISPConfig server the primary DNS server for this domain, or do you have DNS for this domain on another server?

3. mancho

mancho New Member

I have other DNS servers, not using the ISPConfig as DNS right now.

Mancho

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then its most likely not a problem with ISPConfig as ISPConfig has no control wether a ping works or not.

First you should check if pinging the IP directly works. If it works, there is a problem with the DNS settings of your domain on the DNS server.

5. mancho

mancho New Member

aaaaaaaahhhh, it really really helps when you add the IP to the network card in Suse.. DUH.

Thank you,

Mancho