Send problems (postfix)

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by danielvm, Sep 16, 2007.

1. danielvm

danielvm New Member

Hi everyone, i have installed a mail server using postfix, courier-imap, ldap, amavisd-new, spamassassin, clamav, everithing was ok, but now i'm trying to secure the client conection using sasl and tls but i have a problem and i hope find good answer or clues here.

* I can send email using ssl on port 465 in outlook express and thunderbird, but the mails doesn't get to my mailbox, if i run mailq the mail is in the queue i don't know why. Furthermore i can send the email with or without requiring user autenthicated and with or without use ssl and i would like to enforce the use of bot SMT-AUTH and TLS.

Here is postconf -n

Here is my master.cf

Please i need help :confused:

the system is debian etch

Thanks

PD: sorry about my english but i speak spanish

2. danielvm

danielvm New Member

some other usefull information (sorry if it's too long)

Here is the output of netstat -tap

Here is my mail.log (show the same errors frecuently)

HELP PLEASE :confused:

the system is debian etch

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's the output of
    Code:
    postconf -d | grep smtp_sasl_password_maps
    and
    Code:
    postconf -n | grep smtp_sasl_password_maps
    ?

4. danielvm

danielvm New Member

Thanks falko, i aparently solved the problem, i comment this line in mi main.cf

i was trying so many thing that i found and i think this parameter was causing some problems. i'm posting my config files so others can uses them to help themselves
    postconf -n

master.cf
    and if anyone is interested, i follow this tutorial http://contrib.lynuxsolutions.com/doku.php?id=documentation:mailserver:mail_server_on_debian_gnu_linux-all with some additions and modifications from other howtos from howtoforges, specifically from falko

thanks

5. danielvm

danielvm New Member

Another problem (squirrel)

Hi everyone, i'm having problems now with squirrel, this problms are a direct consequence of the configuration posted here, for that reason i'm not opening a new thread.

THe problem is this squirell doens't support STARTTLS, and when i try to log into the webmail i get some errors. Now i have found a solution that i'm not tryed yet in the squirrelmail's page but they think it's to much overhead, the solution is use a ssh tunnel for imad http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/SquirrelMailIMAPS there is another solution, create a second smtp witouth tls, for this i have to edit the master.cf, i would like to know what recomendations can you (anyone) give me.

If you recomend the second smtp please give some clues because i'm not sure what parameters to use

thanks

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007