Booting On PXE And On A Customized Debian System problesm's

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by vip32, Sep 17, 2007.

1. vip32

vip32 New Member

I am not sure if anyone else is having he same problem as myself, I think I followed the guide to the "T".

when I boot it starts off well until it attempt to mount the NFS share, it comes up "NFS server 192.168.0.2 not responding, still trying" until it comes up with a input/output error.

I know the NFS server is working and up and running as I have other share's mounted on other systems and I also mounted the same mount on a different system ok but just cant get it on bootup.

if anyone has experanced this before and know how to fix it please give me a shout

Vip32

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Is 192.168.0.2 the correct IP address?

3. aKra

aKra New Member

I'm having exactly the same problems, the IP-address of the "nfs" server is 192.168.100.1 like in the HOWTO. I've restarted all the services but still it will give a time-out.

What could be the issue?

Best regards,

aKra.

4. aKra

aKra New Member

And after a 'great idea' i got the following error:

"NFS over TCP not available from 192.168.100.1"

'rpcinfo -p' gives back that portmapper has access to tcp and udp... What the hell!

Anyone?!

5. aKra

aKra New Member

And after a reboot again back to the first error...

nfs: server 192.168.100.1 not responding, still trying

Server with the PXE image has the IP address of 192.168.100.1 and the NFS servers are running. Strange?!

6. commentator

commentator Member

same problem here.
    Disable eth0 in interfaces and it works.
    The biggest problem is no internet connection from this pxe boot pc. How to fix this?

running debian squeeze btw