Postfix unable to receive any mails

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by mellentino, Sep 22, 2007.

1. mellentino

mellentino New Member

Hi everyone

Recently I follow Falko's tutorial - The Perfect Setup Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04 server and managed to get everything working. One thing that seem to be missing was that Postfix seems not receiving any mails for example.com domain, although sending mail works flawlessly.

When I tried sending mails to example.com, gets these error
    554 5.7.1 Relay Access Denied
    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable and
    554 5.5.1 No valid recipients

any advice or help would be appreciated

Regards,

Sandi

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. mellentino

mellentino New Member

The user were created through webmin (version 1.360), the same also happen when user is created by command line. The maildir is not created automatically so I make it by creating maildir inside /etc/skel. And after following your link everything seems working.

Is this common problem with webmin ? is there any ways to make this done automatically (including user entry on virtusertable) ?

FYI : webmin is installed manually, not by apt

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've never used Webmin to create email accounts, so I cannot tell you if this is causing problems.

5. mellentino

mellentino New Member

It's working now !

I see, the reason I'm using webmin because I've already familiar with it (been webmin user for some years now)... but the thing is everything works out by themselves now after setting user's shell to /bin/bash.

But thanks for your responses, help saves me time to narrow down and pinpointing the cause for the problem