Postfix + VDA patch (doesn't build RPM on server)

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by VelhaChica, Oct 15, 2007.

1. VelhaChica

VelhaChica New Member

I upgraded from Fedora 5 to Fedora 6. I have one problem to solve. The whole mail server is setup via the tutorial found on http://www.howtoforge.net/fedora_virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier. On the server all the used packages are from the standard repositories, except the Postfix package. The Postfix package is custom build with the VDA patch applied for enabling quota support. The server is a virtual one running on a Xen host.

I want to upgrade it from 2.2.8 (FC5) to 2.3.3 (FC6). My thing is that the server gives an error when I want to build the RPM. The last lines are shown below.
    Code:
    + /bin/mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/etc/rc.d/init.d
    + install -c /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/postfix-etc-init.d-postfix /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/etc/rc.d/init.d/postfix
    + install -c auxiliary/rmail/rmail /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/usr/bin/rmail.postfix
    + for i in active bounce corrupt defer deferred flush incoming private saved maildrop public pid saved trace
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/active
    + for i in active bounce corrupt defer deferred flush incoming private saved maildrop public pid saved trace
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/bounce
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/corrupt
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/defer
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/deferred
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/flush
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/incoming
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/private
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/saved
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/maildrop
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/public
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/pid
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/saved
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/trace
    + for i in smtp-sink smtp-source
    + install -c -m 755 bin/smtp-sink /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/usr/sbin/
    + install -c -m 755 man/man1/smtp-sink.1 /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/usr/share/man/man1/
    + for i in smtp-sink smtp-source
    + install -c -m 755 bin/smtp-source /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/usr/sbin/
    + install -c -m 755 man/man1/smtp-source.1 /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/usr/share/man/man1/
    + ed /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/etc/postfix/postfix-files
    ?
    + exit 1
    error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.14179 (%install)

RPM build errors:
        Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.14179 (%install)
    I have to admit that I'm quite new in building my own RPM's. I don't know where to start looking for this problem.

If someone has Postfix 2.3.3 for FC6 (I386) with the VDA patch in a build RPM it would be great and easier. I can't find it on the internet.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you use the right VDA patch for Postfix 2.3.3?

3. VelhaChica

VelhaChica New Member

I have checked it all. All the software that is used is from 2.3.3 version. It goes wrong when I try to build the RPM. What kind of information do you need from me? I really don't have any clue.

Edit:
    I have tried to build more RPM's from source code, but none of them could be build. It seems to be there's more wrong.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  4. falko

I have no clue why it isn't working... :(

5. VelhaChica

VelhaChica New Member

Can it be something with the compiler? I found out that more people are having the same problem with FC6, compiling Postfix and the VDA patch. I have also included the rpm.tmp.

Attached Files:

6. falko

Yes, it could be the compiler. You can try to install other versions of gcc.