Gutsy Gibbon

Discussion in 'Smalltalk' started by sjau, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

So, today Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon will be released.

Can't wait for it :)

I'm also going to test if the upgrade works (even with a full encrypted system)... backups are done so I don't have an issue deleting everything :)

2. o.meyer

o.meyer New Member Moderator

Howtos for desktop and server are being created.

Olli

3. sjau

So, seeding it on my server ;)

Update:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  4. tanakskool

tanakskool New Member

Yeah! I've been waiting for this release.. I'll love the integrated ntfs-3g feature.

5. sjau

That's utterly useless :)

I think it's great you can fully encrypt your filesystem already upon installation without being required to pull some stunts.

6. rul3z

rul3z New Member

I have downloaded it but still not tested it. I shall be testing specially the UPGRADE issue.

7. sjau

Well, I replaced my Feisty install yesterday.

Before I had dm_crypt/LUKS encrypted drives. I wanted to see how it goes with the upgrade: Worked flawlessly for me.

However as I have installed over time too many things and wanted to clean out also other stuff I did a fresh install.

Doing the manual partition and encryption didn't work all too well. For some reason I could not have set to use /dev/urandom as passphrase in the installer. There was that other thing, and when selected, the installer broke. So I ended up not setting up a swap at first (because if you encrypt it will complain about not having encrypted swap). So I just made an empty partition and once it was installed, I encrypted that as swap.

Was not a pain but that should be improved.