How to have Virtual Host on all interfaces?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ADM, Oct 24, 2007.

1. ADM

ADM New Member

Hi,

I have a server with 2 interfaces, one for lan, one for wan.

In ispconfig I have wan address as main ip, and lan address within ip list.

I configure sites with the wan address.

I have some site that should be available form wan and lan.

Ispconfig writes the apache conf for virtual host using IP : port, I need something like * : port

Any hints? Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is currently not possible in ISPConfig. Maybe you can add these vhosts manually.

In ISPConfig 3, vhosts with "*" are implemented already, but it is currently in alpha state.

3. ADM

ADM New Member

I tried to add * in IP List and then in site config, it accept the setup but doesn't work, I should investigate.

Please may you tell how to add manually? thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can add any vhost definitions manually at the end of the apache2.conf file, ISPConfig will not overwrite them there.

5. ADM

ADM New Member

I was also thinking that a workaround could be to have dns to reply with lan ip for that web site instead of the wan ip.

Because the server act also as dns server for that ip, bind could be instructed to reply different way for queries from localhost... but it seems hard to mantain that.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

7. ADM

ADM New Member

Thanks falko, the link is very good and is what I was talking about.

Do you have any hint on how to have a "view" for all isp config sites that uses the internal ip?

The problem is that ispconfig manages the dns too so manually edit named.conf is equivalent to manually edit apache.conf and I'm looking a way to hack the "*" virtual host problem

Thanks guys

8. falko

I'm afraid you have to do this manually or hack the ISPConfig sources...

9. ADM

ADM New Member

I'm trying to edit named.conf to include "views" for internal domains.

Accordind to the howto you have linked it is nice to write those thinks within the file named.conf.local but I noticed that named.conf does not include named.conf.local.

May you tell me where to include that file?

10. falko

11. ADM

ADM New Member

Falko, thanks anyway for the reply, I know HOW to include the file, I was asking WHERE to include the file.

Bottom of named.conf should be ok.