Freeradius + Mysql +dhcp3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by eduardo28, Dec 10, 2006.

1. eduardo28

eduardo28 New Member

HELP PLEASE!!!!

hello i need help, if somebody can help me please do it =)

i have a freeradius server v1.1.3 with mysql 5.0.22 running in ubuntu drapper , both having comunication, i have an access point cisco which one is working with freeradius server excellent, the authentication is throught the radcheck table in radius database , im using PEAP/MS-CHAV2 and for example i have a laptop with wireless and i enter a username and a password that i already have in the radcheck table and the conexion with freeradius is always sucessful, im running dhcp3 and when radius accept the user, dhcp3 send a ip to the client, everything is fine but i have a problem, i need to create two dynamic ip pools, one for users of a group A and one for users of the group B the problem is that i dont have any idea how can i use the radcheck table for auth the users and in the same time use dhcp3 to recognize those users and assing the ip from the ip pool A or B depending if the user belongs to the group A or B

how can work mysql and dhcp3 together????
    help me please

REGARDS
    EDUARDO

2. koter84

koter84 New Member

Hey Eduardo,

I am setting up a FreeRADIUS server at the moment which should authenticate GPRS-users. Since these users should be in our private network i am trying to create a private DHCP-lease system.
    I see that you have something like that up and running, and i would really like to know how you did that....

thanx in advance,

Koter

3. ghalban

ghalban New Member

still need help ?