FreeRadius Server Setup Help Needed

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by jtan82, Jul 10, 2006.

1. jtan82

jtan82 New Member

Hi, i'm currently doing a project which requires me to setup a server on a linux platform.I have setup a computer with a linux OS (FC5).Have installed Radius to it but I realise that i need a user database to help do AAA. Authentication is very important to me because i will only allow certain people to gain access to my network.

Problem is I really know nuts about it.If i'm not wrong from the research that i did, i'm able to setup a user database using radius itself.(correct me if i'm wrong). Can someone give me some guidance of how to go about it. Detailed steps will be appreciated.

how i install it.
    1)./configure
    2)make
    3)su (switch to root user)
    4)make install

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. jtan82

jtan82 New Member

Hi falko, i have been to the link before while doing my research. But to my knowledge it seems to me the XSupplicant must be installed onto a linux OS client. As windows is more commonly used, my project will then be cater got window client.(my server is a linux OS)

Is there anyway u can help me out?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Unfortunately I have no experience with FreeRadius...

5. ghalban

ghalban New Member

me too, I had tried installing it many times, I am expecting a working config files for freeradius this week, if it worked with me, I promise to contribute a howto about it here ...

thank you