Can't delete imapmail.

Discussion in 'General' started by rippe, Nov 4, 2007.

1. rippe

rippe New Member

My customers deleted mail's dont disapear, they still been there day after day even when they are deleted. Why? This is imap mail's

Sorry for my poor english.

Regards Rippe

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please empty the recycle bin.

3. rippe

rippe New Member

Thanks Till.

But postfix don't create any folders beside inbox. And many of the users have mailclient's and don't use webmail. I can't force them to use webmail to delete mails.

regards Rippe

4. till

I was not atlking about webmail, I thought you want to delete the complete account as ISPConfig has a recycle bin.

The purpose of imap is, to keep the emails on the server. If the emails shall be deleted, you must use pop3 as mail protocol and not imap.

5. rippe

rippe New Member

Thanks Till.

I'm not rely understand your comments about imap, if use a clean mailserver without Ispconfig it's create a bunch of folders and users can even delete mails
    even if they use imap?

No harm just not understand.

Regards Rippe

6. till

There is nothing special regarding IMAP with ISPConfig as ISPConfig does not configure the imap server at all. The Imap server is courier in your case I guess and courier supports adding and deleting of folders if your imap client supports it.

I'am using pop3 and imap with ISPConfig every day on several servers.

If your imap server dont work, its most likely a configuration problem and not a ISPConfig problem.

Have a look at your mail logfile for errors.

7. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

For some Imap clients you have to configure them to "expunge" the mails, because by default they are just marked for deletion.