Can't join into the domain

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by danielvm, Nov 24, 2007.

1. danielvm

danielvm New Member

Hi everyone, i have a samba server that i want to use like a PDC, but i'm having some troubles, i have a machines with ldap and dns server, i have another machine for samba, the samba machine creates all the entries in the ldap using smbldap-tools, i want to add the SRV registry into the dns server because some machines that are in another netowkr show some errors about they can't find a SRV record, i'm not sure how to add this entry, i will try to explain my self better, this is the escenario:
    My domain is xyz.com.ve, in the samba machine i have workgroup=xyzcom and netbios name=lancelot now i have looked for the sintax of the SRV record and i found something like this:
    _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.<domainname>. SRV 0 0 389 dc.<domainname>.
    but my domain is xyz.com.ve and my domainname is xyzcom if i use this entry
    _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.xyzcom. SRV 0 0 389 lancelot.xyz.com.ve. i get this error in the DNS server ignoring out-of-zone data (_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.xyzcom)
    I mean all the configurations i saw use a domain that match the daminname but mines are different, what can i do ???
    I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS PLEASE !!!!!!
    thansk
    PD: sorry about my english, but i speak spanish

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. danielvm

danielvm New Member

Thanks Falko, the link is excelent but i didn't find the answer to my problem, i try to explain what's the problem because maybe i didn't right the fisrt time:

my domain is xyz.com.ve, i have an authoritative DNS for this zone, now normally you create a samba domain with the name xyz.com.ve and the SRV record would be something like this:

_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.xyz.com.ve. SRV 0 0 389 lancelot.xyz.com.ve.

but my samba domain has another name say it this xyzcomve without (dots), now i have tryed a SRV record like this:

_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.xyzcomve SRV 0 0 389 lancelot.xyz.com.ve.

but when i try to query for the srv using dig i don't get the answer, if i append a dot at the end of the xyzcomve like this:

_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.xyzcomve. SRV 0 0 389 lancelot.xyz.com.ve.

My DNS server show an error about the zone:

ignoring out-of-zone data (_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.xyzcomve)

I hope i've made myself clear

Thanks

PD: sorry about my english but i speak spanish and i try to do my best to translate from spanish to english i hope i'm doing well enought ....