Drupal and suPHP Problem

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by dschmid, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dschmid

dschmid New Member

Hello I'm running Gutsy Perfect Setup with Drupal on it. My first problem was that enabling clean-urls results in an error I had fixed the problem by creating this .htaccess file described by falco (thanks):
    Code:
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
    </IfModule>

The other problem was when I uploaded files with a module the owner of the file was always www-data. I searched in the forums and found a link to another excellent Howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/suphp_debian_etch_ispconfig

I followed the instructions and I only had a little problem with the /etc/suphp.conf file. Because it is in one line in the tutorial. After manual editing the suphp.conf file the Internal Server Error was gone.

Everything seems to work fine. But creating new Content was now not possible. By hitting the Submit button the same page loads again without an error and the content isn't created.
    Because it's only an test page I deleted the whole web folder and the database, after that I created new one and unzipped the drupal folder and replaced the .htaccess file with the above one.

By trying to install drupal the "Database Configuration" screen loads like normal when I open the webpage but when I insert my database information and hit "Save configuration" the screen loads again with no error message.

Under the comments of the tutorial toolwizard wrote that php5-mysql isn't enabled after suphp installation. So I reinstalled it like with
    Code:
    apt-get php5-mysql --reinstall
    In the error.log files are no errors.

Now I have no idea what problem could be. Thx for any help

2. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I host lots of individual Drupal sites on my ISPConfig server with suphp enabled, which has been setup according my howto here: http://www.howtoforge.com/drupal_ispconfig and http://www.howtoforge.com/suphp_debian_etch_ispconfig.

The only thing i put within the Apache Directive field of the Drupal site is this:

<Directory /var/www/mydrupalwebsite.tld/web/>
    Options +Includes +FollowSymlinks -Indexes
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    <Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Deny from all
    </Files>
    </Directory>

It should work then. I do not use the .htaccess file you describe.

3. dschmid

dschmid New Member

Thanks Hans but don't works for me I'm using Drupal 5. Are you using Ubuntu on some servers too? I have deleted all again including the database and created a new one with isp config. Then I puted in the Apache Directives and saved again. And then untared the drupal 5 again and deleted the included .htaccess. I had to do a
    Code:
    chown web1_myuser:web1 web -R
    and then the page pops up. But when I give in my credatials in and hit "save configuration" the page loads again.

4. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

To make sure the ownership has been setup correctly, you can execute this command within your webX:
    chown -R -v -f webX_admin:webX web/*

(webX_admin is the account admin and webX your webnumber, as created with ISPConfig).

By the way, i use Debian (Etch on the moment).

5. dschmid

dschmid New Member

Hi i tried your command and
    ownership of `web/update.php' retained as web1_myuser:webX
    comes. But still the same. Normaly when somethings wrong with the database connection an error message in the top of the page should pop up. But nothing comes.
    My phpinfo file shows this:
    Code:
    Server API 	CGI/FastCGI
    Virtual Directory Support 	disabled
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path 	/etc/php5/cgi
    Loaded Configuration File 	/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
    Scan this dir for additional .ini files 	/etc/php5/cgi/conf.d 
    Registered PHP Streams 	zip, php, file, data, http, ftp, compress.bzip2, compress.zlib, https, ftps
    Registered Stream Socket Transports 	tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls
    Registered Stream Filters 	string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, convert.iconv.*, bzip2.*, zlib.*
    allow_call_time_pass_reference	On	On
    allow_url_fopen	On	On
    allow_url_include	Off	Off
    always_populate_raw_post_data	Off	Off
    arg_separator.input	&	&
    arg_separator.output	&	&
    asp_tags	Off	Off
    auto_append_file	no value	no value
    auto_globals_jit	On	On
    auto_prepend_file	no value	no value
    browscap	no value	no value
    default_charset	no value	no value
    default_mimetype	text/html	text/html
    define_syslog_variables	Off	Off
    disable_classes	no value	no value
    disable_functions	no value	no value
    display_errors	On	On
    display_startup_errors	Off	Off
    doc_root	no value	no value
    docref_ext	no value	no value
    docref_root	no value	no value
    enable_dl	On	On
    error_append_string	no value	no value
    error_log	no value	no value
    error_prepend_string	no value	no value
    error_reporting	6135	6135
    expose_php	On	On
    extension_dir	/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs	/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs
    file_uploads	On	On
    highlight.bg	#FFFFFF	#FFFFFF
    highlight.comment	#FF8000	#FF8000
    highlight.default	#0000BB	#0000BB
    highlight.html	#000000	#000000
    highlight.keyword	#007700	#007700
    highlight.string	#DD0000	#DD0000
    html_errors	On	On
    ignore_repeated_errors	Off	Off
    ignore_repeated_source	Off	Off
    ignore_user_abort	Off	Off
    implicit_flush	Off	Off
    include_path	.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear	.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear
    log_errors	Off	Off
    log_errors_max_len	1024	1024
    magic_quotes_gpc	On	On
    magic_quotes_runtime	Off	Off
    magic_quotes_sybase	Off	Off
    mail.force_extra_parameters	no value	no value
    max_execution_time	1000	1000
    max_input_nesting_level	64	64
    max_input_time	1000	1000
    memory_limit	128M	128M
    open_basedir	no value	no value
    output_buffering	no value	no value
    output_handler	no value	no value
    post_max_size	2048M	2048M
    precision	12	12
    realpath_cache_size	16K	16K
    realpath_cache_ttl	120	120
    register_argc_argv	On	On
    register_globals	Off	Off
    register_long_arrays	On	On
    report_memleaks	On	On
    report_zend_debug	On	On
    safe_mode	Off	Off
    safe_mode_exec_dir	no value	no value
    safe_mode_gid	Off	Off
    safe_mode_include_dir	no value	no value
    sendmail_from	no value	no value
    sendmail_path	/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i 	/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i 
    serialize_precision	100	100
    short_open_tag	On	On
    SMTP	localhost	localhost
    smtp_port	25	25
    sql.safe_mode	Off	Off
    track_errors	Off	Off
    unserialize_callback_func	no value	no value
    upload_max_filesize	1024M	1024M
    upload_tmp_dir	no value	no value
    user_dir	no value	no value
    variables_order	EGPCS	EGPCS
    xmlrpc_error_number	0	0
    xmlrpc_errors	Off	Off
    y2k_compliance	On	On
    zend.ze1_compatibility_mode	Off	Off
    Active Persistent Links 	0
    Active Links 	0
    Client API version 	5.0.45
    MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE 	external
    MYSQL_SOCKET 	/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
    MYSQL_INCLUDE 	-I/usr/include/mysql
    MYSQL_LIBS 	-L/usr/lib -lmysqlclient

Directive	Local Value	Master Value
    mysql.allow_persistent	On	On
    mysql.connect_timeout	60	60
    mysql.default_host	no value	no value
    mysql.default_password	no value	no value
    mysql.default_port	no value	no value
    mysql.default_socket	no value	no value
    mysql.default_user	no value	no value
    mysql.max_links	Unlimited	Unlimited
    mysql.max_persistent	Unlimited	Unlimited
    mysql.trace_mode	Off	Off
    Environment
    DOCUMENT_ROOT 	/var/www/webX/web
    GATEWAY_INTERFACE 	CGI/1.1
    HTTP_ACCEPT 	text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
    HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET 	ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
    HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING 	gzip,deflate
    HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE 	de-de,de;q=0.8,en-us;q=0.5,en;q=0.3
    HTTP_CONNECTION 	keep-alive
    HTTP_COOKIE 	SESSf7a942eda524b5d4d0b6e6ca13bf911f=d025ff935a71efe7eb35c2171ab033d5; SESSb56328779a490748facdafb0135b63d0=be773bb0b9fb45f8b971a33f3e3991d5
    HTTP_HOST 	www.mydomain.de
    HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE 	300
    HTTP_USER_AGENT 	Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; de; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9
    PATH 	/bin:/usr/bin
    QUERY_STRING 	no value
    REDIRECT_STATUS 	200
    REMOTE_ADDR 	xx.xx.xx.xx
    REMOTE_PORT 	22110
    REQUEST_METHOD 	GET
    REQUEST_URI 	/info.php
    SCRIPT_FILENAME 	/var/www/webX/web/info.php
    SCRIPT_NAME 	/info.php
    SERVER_ADDR 	xx.xx.xx.xx
    SERVER_ADMIN 	[email protected]
    SERVER_NAME 	www.mydomain.de
    SERVER_PORT 	80
    SERVER_PROTOCOL 	HTTP/1.1
    SERVER_SIGNATURE 	<address>Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.3-1ubuntu6 mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8e Server at www.mydomain.de Port 80</address>
    SERVER_SOFTWARE 	Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.3-1ubuntu6 mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8e

PHP Variables
    _SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]	/var/www/webX/web
    _SERVER["GATEWAY_INTERFACE"]	CGI/1.1
    _SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT"]	text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
    _SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET"]	ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
    _SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING"]	gzip,deflate
    _SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]	de-de,de;q=0.8,en-us;q=0.5,en;q=0.3
    _SERVER["HTTP_CONNECTION"]	keep-alive
    _SERVER["HTTP_COOKIE"]	SESSf7a942eda524b5d4d0b6e6ca13bf911f=d025ff935a71efe7eb35c2171ab033d5; SESSb56328779a490748facdafb0135b63d0=be773bb0b9fb45f8b971a33f3e3991d5
    _SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]	www.mydomain.de
    _SERVER["HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE"]	300
    _SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]	Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; de; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9
    _SERVER["PATH"]	/bin:/usr/bin
    _SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]	no value
    _SERVER["REDIRECT_STATUS"]	200
    _SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]	xx.xx.xx.xx
    _SERVER["REMOTE_PORT"]	22110
    _SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"]	GET
    _SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]	/info.php
    _SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]	/var/www/webX/web/info.php
    _SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"]	/info.php
    _SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"]	xx.xx.xx.xx
    _SERVER["SERVER_ADMIN"]	[email protected]
    _SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]	www.mydomain.de
    _SERVER["SERVER_PORT"]	80
    _SERVER["SERVER_PROTOCOL"]	HTTP/1.1
    _SERVER["SERVER_SIGNATURE"]	<address>Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.3-1ubuntu6 mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8e Server at www.mydomain.de Port 80</address>
    _SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"]	Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.3-1ubuntu6 mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8e
    _SERVER["PHP_SELF"]	/info.php
    _SERVER["REQUEST_TIME"]	1196365849
    _SERVER["argv"]	
    _SERVER["argc"]	0
    _ENV["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]	/var/www/webX/web
    _ENV["GATEWAY_INTERFACE"]	CGI/1.1
    _ENV["HTTP_ACCEPT"]	text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
    _ENV["HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET"]	ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
    _ENV["HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING"]	gzip,deflate
    _ENV["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]	de-de,de;q=0.8,en-us;q=0.5,en;q=0.3
    _ENV["HTTP_CONNECTION"]	keep-alive
    _ENV["HTTP_COOKIE"]	SESSf7a942eda524b5d4d0b6e6ca13bf911f=d025ff935a71efe7eb35c2171ab033d5; SESSb56328779a490748facdafb0135b63d0=be773bb0b9fb45f8b971a33f3e3991d5
    _ENV["HTTP_HOST"]	www.mydomain.de
    _ENV["HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE"]	300
    _ENV["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]	Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; de; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9
    _ENV["PATH"]	/bin:/usr/bin
    _ENV["QUERY_STRING"]	no value
    _ENV["REDIRECT_STATUS"]	200
    _ENV["REMOTE_ADDR"]	xx.xx.xx.xx
    _ENV["REMOTE_PORT"]	22110
    _ENV["REQUEST_METHOD"]	GET
    _ENV["REQUEST_URI"]	/info.php
    _ENV["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]	/var/www/webX/web/info.php
    _ENV["SCRIPT_NAME"]	/info.php

I hope that helps.

6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Do you see anything related within the log file of the website itself (not the global logfile within /var/log/) ?

7. dschmid

dschmid New Member

This was the last entry in /var/www/webX/log/error.log:
    Code:
    [Thu Nov 29 19:17:37 2007] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] SoftException in Application.cpp:351: Mismatch between target UID (10001) and UID (1080) of file "/var/www/webX/web/index.php"
    [Thu Nov 29 19:17:37 2007] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers: index.php
    My last entry in the web.log was about 17:00. Since the no more entry and I have rebootet the system and have many times tried to install drupal.:confused:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  8. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

It looks like a owner/permission problem to me.
    Are you really sure that you've created a user with administrative rights within ISPConfig for that website?

9. dschmid

dschmid New Member

Hi I reinstalled the website with ispconfig and recompiled suphp but still the same problem. I wrote a small php script that connects succesfully to my database. So php5-mysql is running. But still don't get drupal up and running. The new account that I created has Admin rights.
    My /var/log/suphp.log only got normal entrys:
    Code:
    [Fri Nov 30 11:57:43 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/connect.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    [Fri Nov 30 11:58:28 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/connect.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    [Fri Nov 30 11:59:18 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/index.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    [Fri Nov 30 11:59:18 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/install.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    [Fri Nov 30 11:59:18 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/install.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    [Fri Nov 30 11:59:43 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/install.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    [Fri Nov 30 12:01:35 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/index.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    [Fri Nov 30 12:01:35 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/install.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    [Fri Nov 30 12:01:35 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/install.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    [Fri Nov 30 12:03:49 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/install.php" as UID 10002, GID 10002
    But strange is that /var/www/web2/log/error.log only got entrys when I try to open a file that doesn't exist like this:
    Code:
    [Fri Nov 30 11:52:11 2007] [error] [client xx.xx.35.xx] File does not exist: /var/www/web2/web/i
    [Fri Nov 30 12:00:58 2007] [error] [client xx.xx.35.xx] File does not exist: /var/www/web2/web/ins
    Shouldn't exit a /var/www/web2/log/web.log file ??

10. dschmid

dschmid New Member

The permissions on /var/www/web2 are 777 www-data:web2
    and on /var/www/web2/web 755 web2_myadminusername:web2
    The log folder has 755 web2_myadminusername:web2

11. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Why is your /web owned by www-data, if you use suPHP?

I think you should do this:
    chown -R -v -f webX_admin:webX web/*

(webX_admin is the account admin and webX your webnumber, as created with ISPConfig).

12. dschmid

dschmid New Member

Thank you for your help. I try to reinstall the server with Etch and then post when it works. I hope it was only an issue with ubuntu.

13. dschmid

dschmid New Member

Oh I see you answered me at the moment. I thinked you meaned the chown command was on the folder /var/www/web2/web and not /var/www/web2.
    I try this

***EDIT by Hans***
    Yes i mean /var/www/web2/web

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  14. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Sorry, but i don't think that it's because you've installed Ubuntu.
    I think it is a permission/ownwer problem. Another example:
    php-scripts expect that the webdir has chmod 755, otherwise it is possible they can not be executed.

Maybe Till/Falko has another hint for you to solve your problem..

15. dschmid

dschmid New Member

I changed ownership on the whole folder recursively for web2 but still the same. I be instrested if other people are running gutsy with ispconfig, suphp and drupal and had similar issues.
    I have another problem with this messages
    Code:
    [Fri Nov 30 13:16:56 2007] [error] (9)Bad file descriptor: apr_socket_accept: (client socket)

everytime I restart apache. I had read in your other posts that it's a known bug in Apache 2.2.3. But I think my apache installation is a bit buggy.

16. dschmid

dschmid New Member

You were right Hans I installed etch and first everything was fine. I followed the perfect setup howto and then the suphp howto. I compiled then ffmpeg too. I created then a site with your apache directives and drupal installation was succesfully. :) Then I tried to activate clean-urls but the test was not succesfully. I copied in this .htaccess and bang the clean urls where fine and i can created pages: :)
    Code:
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
    </IfModule>
    I uploaded some other modules like views cck and video. But the video module shows me only a possible upload size from 2MBs. So i started vi and changed the lines in /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini with this ones:
    Code:
    upload_max_filesize = 1024
    post_max_size = 2048
    max_execution_time = 1000
    max_input_time = 1000

Without suPHP enabled this was no problem. I restarted apache and video module gives me the correct possible 1GB upload. I uploadet one video file
    and the upload stop after one minute to the same screen. In my files is no file. And creating any content or changing settings fails too. I didn't know whats going on and I deleted all my drupal files and tables try to reinstall and got the same error like with ubuntu:eek: The page loads and loads again after submitting.

So I changed the entrys in the php.ini back and the site worked again. Now I know what was the problem only in four hours work. Only because of this four little changes *lol*

But here my question whats the best and securest way to change the upload limit with suPHP??? I tried to add these values to my .htaccess file but that resolves in an Internal Server Error 500

Code:
    php_value upload_max_filesize "30M"
    php_value post_max_size "35M"
    php_value max_execution_time 1200
    php_value max_input_time 1200

17. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Great that you're a step further now.
    You can try to add that values within the apache directives field of the site in stead of the .htaccess file.

By the way, I think you have to make the modifcations within these two files:
    /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
    /etc/php5/cli/php.ini

What do you see if you execute these commands:

cd /
    grep -R upload_max_filesize *

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  18. dschmid

dschmid New Member

Sorry for my late replay Hans. I had solved the problem by changing the post_max_size to 2000 and the upload_max_filesize to 1000 in my /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini. Now I can upload 1GB and thats enough for me. I think it could be because I only got 2Gigs of RAM but that should be 2048 too:confused:
    Im using the openpackage video module and the conversion worked very well and creates the thumbnails and flv files but I had the problem that the tumbnail was not showing up and the flowplayer didn't play the flvs. The problem was that the module created every time submitting a video node an .htaccess file in my files folder. I solved this by replacing that with that one of my web root folder. Now video upload and converting works very well with clean-urls. Thank you for your help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.