Few Questions about web.log

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Alex1, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Alex1

Alex1 New Member

I see that ISPConfig split domain's access.log into

~/log/year/month/web.log

This logs fill my customers's space so i want to know if ISPConfig delete this logs after some number of months. If so, when it delete them? If not, when i can delete this log without modify webalizer's stats?

Second Questions
    If a site generates monthly more then 2GB web.log how i can find a solution to split it with no problems on webalizer's stats?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

No, ISPConfig doesn't delete them; this should be done by the customers after they've decided that they don't need the old logs anymore.

Webalizer only needs the log of the last day to create the stats. So you could write some script that puts everything that is older in some other file(s).

3. Alex1

Alex1 New Member

This solution affects the ISPConfig Traffic's statistic of last 4 years, isn't it?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. The traffic stats where collected when the logfiles are split.

The log is removed when its size exceeds the max size that is set for logfiles in the options of the website.

5. Chip

Chip New Member

I aloso have a simmilar problem, space was defined as 10% but my web.log is now in 19GB and counting... now I've changed the setting to 500 MB but I don't think it will solve the problem.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've added this to our bugtracker.