2 bugs in reseller statistics

Discussion in 'General' started by the_spy, May 19, 2007.

1. the_spy

the_spy New Member

In the current stable version 2.2.12:

When I'm logged as admin, if I go to:
    ISP Manager > admin > Reseller > My reseller (the reseller I created)

then if I click on the statistics tab where I can see all clients and websites under the reseller, I can see 2 problems:

- the "Diskspace used" value is not right. it displays "-16 MB of unlimited MB" instead of arround 100 or 150MB. I notice that the value "16" is the value of "Sites used", may be it is related.

- in the website listing, for example if I have a website "domain.com" and one subdomain "sub1.domain.com" and an other "sub2.domain.com", only "domain.com" is displayed in the title for the subdomains instead of the complete name, so there is 3 "domain.com" listed and it's not possible to differentiate them.

Hope it will be usefull and thanks for this great software.

2. the_spy

the_spy New Member

I want to add also that the second bug with subdomains names is present also in the Statistics page for a client.

3. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Diskspace used incorrect

I am having a similar problem, with a bit more serious consequences. For one reseller a value of "Diskspace used: 10098 MB of unlimited MB" is indicated, while the total amount used by all 3 websites of the same reseller is shown as "Overall: 25.06" Mb, which is the correct value.
    The serious consequences are about the mail service. From one of the 3 domains which are configured for this client it not possible to save drafts or receive emails. The undelivered emails show an error message which has to do with disk quota exceeded, which is not true.
    The same problem happens for the only website of another reseller, which has a quota limit of 15 Mb and is using only about half of it, while the reseller has an overall quota of 1Gb. In the reseller stats it shows a diskspace used value of 15Mb which corresponds exactly to the limit of the only website configured. I installed ISPConfig last week for the first time, by following the Perfect guide for Ubuntu 7.04. Everything seems to work fine so far, apart from this little issue and another problem with a failed Bind9 service, which I still have to investigate. I am very happy to use ISPConfig for the rest. Overall is a great product, well documented, and I am thinking of migrating a couple of production servers to this Ubuntu-ISPConfig solution. Considering the enthusiasm around this opensource project shown so far, I am sure that all little issues will be solved soon. Great job!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

@the_spy: I have added this to the bugtracker.

@giovinazzo: If email are rejected, then the quota is definately full and this is another issue then posted by the_spy. Plese check the quota with the command repquota. Be aware that messages are rejected when either the user or groupquota of a mailuser is full.

5. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Hi Till,
    thank you for your response.
    It might be that I am reporting a problem that is different than what The_Spy has reported, but that reseller is definitely not using

Diskspace used: 10098 MB of unlimited MB

he is only using about 25 Mb of 10 reserved Gb, including all 3 websites and all their mail accounts.
    Even if add up all the reserved space of all users plus mail accounts that have been created for this reseller, it still should not go above the 1Gb.
    Please find below the repquota for all users of this reseller:

Block limits File limits
    User used soft hard grace used soft hard grace

admispconfig -- 63136 0 0 3084 0 0
    web3_user1 -- 16416 0 0 275 0 0
    web2_user1 +- 12800 10240 11264 6days 426 0 0
    web1_user1 -- 12680 102400 103424 596 0 0
    web1_user2 -- 72 102400 103424 17 0 0
    web1_user3 -- 204 102400 103424 51 0 0
    web1_user4 -- 32 102400 103424 8 0 0
    web1_user5 -- 156 102400 103424 43 0 0
    web1_user6 -- 156 102400 103424 43 0 0
    web1_user7 -- 208 102400 103424 52 0 0
    web1_user8 -- 32 102400 103424 8 0 0

The problem about the email is clearly on the user web2_user1, whose mailbox is set to a limit of 10Mb, while there are only 2 emails of 1k in the inbox and it still says that the quota is exceeded. If I set the diskspace to unlimited or just a bigger quota, then it works for a while, until it's "full" again.. with no apparent reason. But I do not think it's supposed to work like this. This is happening after I installed Roundcube client, dunno if it's a coincidence, but it might help to troubleshoot.

As the 10Gb is the limit that was set for this reseller, than I tried to change it to unlimited to see if the value of 10098 would have changed.
    Well, yes it changed to

Diskspace used: -4 MB of unlimited MB

According to me this is an indication that what I am reporting is close to the bugs that The Spy has mentioned.
    Btw, I also have the second bug about the subdomains showing just the main domain in the stats, making it impossible to recognise which one is what.
    I hope a solution to this problem will come soon.
    Thank you very much for your help.

6. till

It seems that you mix there something up. The used space in the reseller statistics is the space that the reseller has already assigned to websites and not the space used by files on the server because resellers can not store any files and they do not have a linux quota.

7. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Till,

I understand what you are saying.
    But if I reserve 10000 Mb for a reseller and he is using 25Mb, why do the stats report:

Diskspace used: 10098 MB of unlimited MB ?

or, when setting no limits at all:

Diskspace used: -4 MB of unlimited MB ?

If I reserve 10Mb for one email user that only has 2 emails of 1K, why is it rejecting emails?
    According to me 10 reserved megabytes are supposed to be reserved for real, and the system should start rejecting emails only when the user has 10Mb of emails in the inbox and for no other reason.
    I still think that it could be me as I am new to this system, but it does look like a bug to me ;-)

Cheers and thanks again!

8. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Hi Till, just a clarification:
    The correct stats for my reseller should be for about

Diskspace used: ~800Mb of 10000

Corresponding to 8 users with reserved 100Mb, out of a 10Gb reserved space for this reseller.
    Does it make any sense?
    Correct me if I am wrong please.

9. the_spy

the_spy New Member

I confirm that for me, the "Diskspace used" value is related to the number of the site, because I added some domains since my first post and now I have 30 "Sites used" and it displays "-30 MB of unlimited MB".

10. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

The Spy, thanks for your update.
    I have the same sympthom:

Sites used: 4 of unlimited

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  11. till

Yes, thats the bug that I confirmed in my first post in this thread. The amount of webspace is just summed up without taking in account that some websites are set to unlimited which results to -1 in the datbase.

This has nothing to do with the quota problems of giovinazzo as I posted already. For your quota problem, check the /tmp directory if you have any files from this suser there. If your user is the administrator of a site, all uploaded files of this site are part of his quota too.

12. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Hi The Spy,

My reseller seems to be showing 2 domains more than what he is really using.
    Considering that two websites have been removed now, the sum of all of his clients' websites is 2, as shown below:

Sites used: 2 of unlimited
    Diskspace used: -2 MB of unlimited MB
    Users used: 9 of unlimited
    Domains used: 4 of unlimited

..while before performing the above operation, it was showing:

Sites used: 4 of unlimited
    Users used: 10 of unlimited
    Domains used: 6 of unlimited

The number of the total users is correct instead, in both cases.
    Can you check in your reseller stats if the number of domains used is correct, please?

13. till

Have you emptied the recycle bin? The space is not freed until you remove the items from the recycle bin, thats why it is accounted until the items are removed.

14. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Yep, recycle bin is empty.

15. till

Please check all recycle bin.

16. the_spy

the_spy New Member

Since my last post I have added some few domains, and one with a lot of datas (about 4GB) with a quota of 8GB (it's the only site which have quota)

now my statistics are:

Sites used: 34 of unlimited
    Diskspace used: 7967 MB of unlimited MB
    Users used: 35 of unlimited
    Domains used: 66 of unlimited

I have 4,5GB of total datas instead of 7,9GB displayed.

Also like you I have a different number of domains / sites, I'm not sure about the difference. (edit for Till: I have never put something in the recyble bin)

17. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Thanks guys for the prompt responses.
    I have checked all recycle bins for all the 3 resellers I have and the admin.
    They are all empty.
    When I moved the 2 websites to the recycle bin, then it was indeed still showing 4 website used with 6 domains.
    After removing them from the rec bin, the stats changed into 2 websites with 4 domains.

18. the_spy

the_spy New Member

I have found what is the domains number I think

it's Sites + DNS

I have 34 sites, and 32 dns zones = 66

19. till

No, it has nothing to do with DNS. It is sites + co-domains.

20. till

The diskspace is the assigned diskspace as I wrote here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=72497&postcount=6

So it does not matter how many data you uploaded, the question is how mana webspace you assigned under this reseller.