2 nics setup question

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by agchenry, Apr 22, 2009.

1. agchenry

agchenry New Member

Not sure if this has been explained but i haven found the setup i would like.
    I built a "Perfect server Ubuntu 8.10 x64 ISPCONFIG3 " and it works great! (many thanks to the author) I was able to set up websit ftp, and email just fine. Since i have a ATT uverse internet (AT&T U-Verse 2wire 3800 gateway) in dmzplus mode.I left eth1 in dhcp (att uverse doesnt let static ip devices be in dmzplus mode)and all works well configued the host like shown in the howto guide (127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    192.168.0.100 server1.example.com server1) except for the 192.168.0.100 where i used my actual internet ip uverse provided the server with. Now what i would like to do is use eth0 for my local network that will provide internet and assign ip addresses to my other computers and maintain eth1 in dhcp. i would leve it how it is now but how my server is in dmzplus mode it cannot be seen by my other computers on my network (its like if the server was on a diffrent local network) Can anyone share with me the steps i should take in order to have the ability to share files on my local network with my server and visa versa? (my mother board has to gig nics)

2. agchenry

agchenry New Member

no one can respond ? guess i'll keep waiting :)