2 Putty Running At The Same Time - Ubuntu Desktop 12.04.2

Discussion in 'Technical' started by danhansen@denmark, Jul 18, 2013.

1. danhansen@denmark

danhansen@denmark Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello....

Anybody who knows how to get 2 "Putty" sessions to run at the same time.... Tried everything.. Can't find anything in the setup..

Using Putty on Ubuntu Desktop 12.04.2 to control 2 ISPconfig Servers....
    Therefore it would be nice not to have to exit all the time, to setup stuff on both Servers ;)

2. GrnEydDvl

GrnEydDvl New Member

I see this is an old one that didn't get answered, so I will give a simple answer.

Quit using Putty and use something a bit more advanced. Like Poderosa. I like it far better than Putty.

3. blue_i

blue_i New Member

hmn..never tried it..but it seem's will not work..try other opensource software.

4. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I could use PuTTY and WinSCP on the same time, both connected from the same desktop to the same server and both connected using SSH with user root! Just works well.

5. blue_i

blue_i New Member

did you try to re-configure your ISPConfig to open a multiple port for SSH on which your putty can connect on different ports,by connecting a putty every time you connect, you need to connect to a specific port.

6. danhansen@denmark

danhansen@denmark Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Guy's

Thanks for your help..

Yes, it's a bit old this post but never the less I still fight the issue so thanks for the suggestions ;)

Have a nice day...