2 questions for ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Atif_Khan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

I have installed ISPConfig and everything is working fine. I wanna know that I have Apache2 installed on my server but why does ISPConfig install Apache1.3 for its interface.

2. I am trying to acces www.test.com/stats and couldn't log in although I have a valid user in my .htpasswd file but for some reason I cant get through the authentication. Whats wrong with stats authentication?
    Edit/Delete Message

2. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you followed the Perfect setup with ISPConfig you have two apache versions running on your server:

Apache 1.3 listening to port 81 for ISPConfig
    Apache 2 listening to port 80, the default http port and port 443 for https.
    That you will have two webservers is inherent to Falko's Perfect setup.
    Falko has his reasons, i guess security and stability are important reasons. If Apache 2 stops running for any reason, you still have access to ISPConfig because it uses Apache 1.3.

Every website you are going to setup with ISPConfig will be available on port 80. (Apache 2 ), However the packages (.pkg files) which are provided on the ISPConfig website will run on port 81. (apache 1.3).

If you create websites and a users via ISPConfig, all the created webusers should have access to the Webalizer webstats with a valid username and password. The URL is http://www.anydomainonyourserver.com/stats

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  3. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

Dear Hans,

Thanks for clearing up Apache stuff. But the second question still remains as I created websites and users using ISPConfig but stats page is not authenticating the user. Although I can use ftp, webmail with the same user name and password but stats aint working.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The stats page authentication is created once every night, so you will have to waitup to 24 hours until you can login to the stats page.

You also must have webalizer installed on your server.

5. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

The webalizer is installed and I can see the stats folder that means it has created the stats but autnetication aint working.

6. Hans

Did you try to login with a using a web-user account, which is created within ISPConfig? (Not a system user)

7. cryptic

cryptic Member

I, too, can not access my www.domain.com/stats with the user created under Clients > $name > Login Data. Am I using the wrong user?

8. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

I tried few things to figure out the cause for that. I moved .htaccess file to bypass the authentication and now I dont get authentication screen but I am still getting Forbidden access page and when I run check the stats directory, I see no files in there. Seems like stats are not working. Any fix for that.

9. Hans

You have to login with a mailuser which is created on the user & email tab of your website.

10. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

Doesnt work

11. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

There is an .htpassword file in the main directory of the web site (e.g. /var/www/web1/.htpasswd). What's in it?
    What's the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /var/www/web1/web/stats
    (please replace /var/www/web1 with your path) and what's in the .htaccess file? What's the output of
    Code:
    crontab -l
    ?

12. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

Dear Falko,

I dont see any file in the stats directory under /var/www/webx.

Secondly in the .htpasswd file I see the user I created like
    web1_atif:xxxxxxxxxx
    but when I access the page using http://www.myclientdomain.com/stats it asks me the for authentication and using web1_atif and the password, I dont get through it. I also moved the .htpasswd file to avoid authentication but after that It shows me the Forbidden error page withtout asking for UserID and password.

13. till

Which linux distribution do you use? The path might be /var/www, /srv/www or /home/www or any other path you choose during installation.

If you want to remove the authentication, you must delete the .htaccess file in the stats directory and not the .htpasswd file.

14. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

Using CentOS. I do have good working experience with that. I deleted .htaccess file as well.

Falko, below is the output of my crontab.

30 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/ftp_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/cleanup.php &> /dev/null
    0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php &> /dev/null
    0,30 * * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/check_services.php &> /dev/null
    15 3,15 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/quota_msg.php &> /dev/null
    40 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/traffic.php &> /dev/null
    05 02 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/backup.php &> /dev/null

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  15. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Is SELinux disabled?

What happens when you run
    Code:
    /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php
    (please do this before 12.00h of your time)?

16. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

SELinux is disabled

I will let you know about the result of executing that command. Thanks for hanging in here with me.

17. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

Dear Falko,

I dont see any output when I run the mentioned command.

/root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php

18. till

How long does it take until the input prompt of the shell returns?

19. Atif_Khan

Atif_Khan New Member

It doesnt take any long. It just shows up the command prompt soon after 1 or 2 secs. Seems like it doesnt do much.

20. cryptic

cryptic Member

I added a user, but it's not showing up in my .htpasswd.

All the other users are listed :\