3.0.3 not updating site

Discussion in 'General' started by BorderAmigos, Dec 13, 2010.

1. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

I upgraded to 3.0.3 about 2 weeks ago. Today I had to change some php settings to stop a timeout error. I found when I put code into the options tab on the sites page or when I change the php type that the vhost config is not being updated. I'm waiting a couple minutes thinking that it should be updated on the every minute cron run but it's not.

The data I put in is being saved in the ISPConfig database but it is not being written to the vhost file for the site. Changes I made before the upgrade are written. No errors in any log files. Any ideas?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Any jobs listed in the jobqueue in the monitoe and any errors listed in the sytem log in the monitor?

3. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Yes in the job queue. Several update web_domain jobs today and a couple mail filters from a week ago. All after the update, none before.

No errors in the System Log.

4. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Maybe the ISPConfig sever cron jobs got messed up somehow? Where can I find their settings on a Debian system?

5. till

Enable loglevel debug under System > Server Config, then please run:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

as root user on the shell. Do you get any errors?

6. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Some warnings, no errors. That cleared out the job queue. When I look in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root it has the daily ISPConfig cron job but no other. Should the every minute server run be in there as well?

7. till

Yes, there should be a one minute cronjob. Please add the following line in the root crontab:

Code:
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh > /dev/null 2>> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log

8. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Done. I wonder how that got deleted, I never edit that file.

It says at the top of the file...

# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.

Is something going to overwrite this?

9. till

The cronjobs are added by ispconfig on install. Maybe some kind of system update removed them.

The normal way to edit the crontab is by running:

crontab -e

as root user.

10. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Thanks. Problem resolved.

Interestingly the file date and time on the root crontab file (before editing today) was the same as when I did the ISPConfig update to 3.0.3.