3.0.5.4p5 latest update issues

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ispjim, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ispjim

ispjim New Member

Hi!

I'm currently on ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p4 + Debian + Nginx + Varnish.

I'm trying to update to the latest version 3.0.5.4p5 following this guide:
    http://www.ispconfig.org/blog/1/entry-137-ispconfig-3054-patch-5-released/

I update the patch using the default settings but for the Reconfigure Services,
    I've chosen NO.

After the patch, all my sites are displaying the default ISPConfig welcome index page.

Good thing I did a full backup of my VPS before the patch.
    I've successfully restore my VPS to a working condition with ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p4

What went wrong actually?
    Pls advice. Thanks!

JJ

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no officialy supported nginx + varnish setup, so you must have build some kind of custom setup and thats meybe not fully compatible with the new release. You have to compare the config files befire and after the update to find out which part of your custom setup is incompatible and needs to be adjusted for the p5 release.

3. till

As a starting point you shoulcd check the apache ispconfig.conf file, if you edited that file manually and did not provide a correct new server + installer template to ensure save updates for your custom configuration, then it might be that apache used the standard ports after the update.

4. ispjim

ispjim New Member

Till,

I even tried restoring the ISPConfig backups of:
    1. /usr/local/ispconfig
    2. /etc

and restarted the server, nginx, varnish
    but all my sites are still displaying the default ispconfig welcome index page.

That's when I freak out and just restore my vps to the most recent backup.

5. till

The ispconfig installer is not altering any files outside of /etc and /usr/local/ispconfig. So either the restre of these directories was not correct or a component of your setup was caching the wrong page.

6. ispjim

ispjim New Member

Till,

Since I'm using nginx, why would apache ispconfig.conf affect it?

7. till

You're right, this does not matter in your case it is the nginx ispcnfig.vhost file

8. ispjim

ispjim New Member

So you're suggesting ispconfig.vhost located at /etc/nginx/sites-available
    could be the culprit of why all my sites are displaying the default index page after patching?

Are there any other configuration file that you're aware of that could cause this issue?
    Thanks!

9. ispjim

ispjim New Member