3 ISPconfig servers, 2 mirrors of a primary one, with MySQL and Files in each.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ivanux, Jul 8, 2015.

1. ivanux

ivanux New Member

Hi
    I have some questions regarding mirroring.
    ISPconfig has the option to setup a server as a mirror of other server. What this servers are mirroring? setup? files? databases?

I already installed 3 ISPconfig servers. Each one has their own filesystem and their own mysqlserver.
    What I want is server2 and server3 work as mirrors of server1... and with mirrors I mean Database, Users, Files... Is that what "mirroring" in ISPconfig is doing.
    Then I am using haproxy to load balancer between this 3 servers.

The other option I have is setup nfs or glusterfs and MySQL replication by myself... But I was wondering if ISPconfig mirroring are working as I ask before.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is a server controlpanel or in other words, a software that writes config files. Mirroring in ispconfig means that the same configuration is written on all mirrored servers. Additionally to the ispconfig mirroring, you have to configure mirroring in mysql and a shared filesystem for /var/vmail and /var/www. Please see ispconfig mirror tutorials, the setup is described there in detail.

3. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

The mirror-settings mirrors the data in the database 1:1. If you need your mysql-databases replicated, you must also setup a mysql-replication. for web you can use unison. for mail unison or dovecot-replicaton.