500 Error after Roundcube Upgrade

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Matthias Reich, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Hello,

I upgraded my Roundcube installation in ISPConfig as per the Roundcube wiki.
    https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Upgrade

The installation all went successfully and it ended with:
    rsync: change_dir#3 "/usr/share/roundcube/config" failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs (code 3) at main.c(720) [Receiver=3.1.3]
    ERROR: Failed to execute command: rsync -a --out-format=%n /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.4.0/config/defaults.inc.php /usr/share/roundcube/config/defaults.inc.php

Basically, all the steps in this link as well: https://www.taste-of-it.de/ispconfig-server-panel-update-von-roundcube/

After the installation, I also executed these commands:
    chown root:ispapps /etc/roundcube/debian-db.php
    chmod 640 /etc/roundcube/debian-db.php
    chown root:ispapps /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php
    chmod 640 /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php
    chown -R ispapps:adm /var/log/roundcube
    chmod -R 750 /var/log/roundcube
    chown -R ispapps:ispapps /var/lib/roundcube/temp
    chmod -R 750 /var/lib/roundcube/temp

I went into /var/log/nginx/error.log and found these lines:

2019/11/16 11:00:21 [error] 18625#18625:
    *732 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/share/errors.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1295PHP message: PHP Warning: Configuration error. Unsupported database driver: in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1406" while reading response header from upstream, client: 60.243.186.41, server: _, request: "GET /squirrelmail/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/lib/php7.3-fpm/apps.sock:", host: "cber.XYZ.de:8081"

2019/11/16 11:01:06 [error] 18625#18625: *736 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/share/errors.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1295PHP message: PHP Warning: Configuration error. Unsupported database driver: in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1406" while reading response header from upstream, client: 60.243.186.41, server: _, request: "GET /squirrelmail/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/lib/php7.3-fpm/apps.sock:", host: "cber.XYZ.de:8081"

2019/11/16 11:27:34 [error] 18625#18625: *785 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/share/errors.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1295PHP message: PHP Warning: Configuration error. Unsupported database driver: in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1406" while reading response header from upstream, client: 60.243.186.41, server: _, request: "GET /squirrelmail/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/lib/php7.3-fpm/apps.sock:", host: "cber.XYZ.de:8081"

I looked at the line 1295 & 1406 and it is all related to log writing. I tried creating a file errors.log in /usr/share/ and chmoding to 777 but that didn't help either.

Any suggestions?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

How did you originally install RoundCube? If it was installed from a package of the Linux distribution as shown in the ISPConfig install guides, then RoundCube gets updated by the Linux distribution when you install updates with apt or yum. The instructions from RoundCube wiki are for installations that you made from source yourself e.g. in a website, using them for an installation that is managed by apt or yum will create a big mess. Seems as if paths got messed up in the roundcube config files as roundcube should not write logs in /usr/local/ at all. If I were you, I would try to restore a backup if you have taken one and then let roundcube alone and let it get updated by the package installer. If you want to have a bleeding edge roundcube version, then better create a website for it like 'webmail.yourdomain.tld' and then install roundcube into that website from source.

3. I used the perfect server tutorial debian 10 to install roundcube initially and then went ahead. Yes, thankfully I have taken a backup - I'll create a separate site now and do it. Thanks for your help.

till likes this.