500 errors with Severity: Notice

Discussion in 'General' started by Stelios, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,
    I've noted in one site that is using old software (Expression Engine) that once is been migrated under ISPconfig it throws an Internal Error (500) and under logs are:

Code:
    ERROR - 26-09-2020 08:42:59 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: REMOTE_ADDR /var/www/clients/client5/web18/web/system/codeigniter/system/core/Input.php 301
    Is there a setting in default PHP installation that is relevant with it? I'm asking as the Severity: Notice warnings should not throw a 500 error.
    Same site/code works fine on a server with a different control panel and the same PHP (7.2).

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I do not know much of PHP, but that error message looks like variable or constant REMOTE_ADDR has no value in file Input.php on line 301. Check that line and try to figure out where REMOTE_ADDR should get a value assigned.
    Another worth checking thing is are all needed PHP modules installed? Compare what is installed on this host to others where that software is working. Or maybe the software has a list of dependencies?

3. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I've just discovered that it doesn't work on PHP 7.3 which I got installed. I will have to add another PHP to make it work.
    Thanks anyway.