530 login authentication failed after ISPConfig update

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by SGr33n, May 19, 2016.

1. SGr33n

SGr33n New Member

Hi,
    I'd like to share the problem I had today with ISPConfig 3.1b1, because I cannot understand why it happend, even if I solved it.
    After updating ISPConfig to the latest 3.1b1 I cannot login via ftp anymore with my virtual users, so I enabled every log to see where the problem was.
    I saw that the login stopped with PAM_RHOST enabled Getting the peer address

So I took a look at the mysql log, and I saw that the error happened on:
    SELECT password FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '1' AND username="envire" AND (expires = "0000-00-00 00:00:00" OR expires > NOW())
    Looking at the DB table, the users had expire = NULL, so I changed them to 0000-00-00 00:00:00 and the problem was solved.
    Anyway I have another machine running the same ISPConfig version, 3.1b. There users have expire setted up to NULL but it works pretty good.
    Does somebody know how is this possible?
    Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which mysql version do you use?

3. SGr33n

SGr33n New Member

Hi till! this is the MariaDB version:
    mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.14-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2
    It's the same on both machines.

4. till

Ok. Then the issue is most likely caused by the date type update that we had to do for mysql 5.7 compatibility. I'll add it to the bugtracker.

5. SGr33n

SGr33n New Member

6. till

I would leave it as it is if it works now. You will then get the fix which will revert it to null when you update ispconfig the next time after we fixed the issue in stable-3.1 branch.

7. SGr33n

SGr33n New Member

Good!
    Thanks again.